“Excellent hotel, excellent location!”
Review of Silver Palms Inn

Silver Palms Inn
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We booked this hotel at the last minute when we decided to take a couple of days out of our vacation and go and see key west. I was a bit nervous but was very happy when we got to the hotel and saw the room. There are many really good features about this hotel. There is plenty of free parking on the hotel grounds. Which was very nice since the area around the hotel is crowded with little parking. Pretty much everything is within walking distance of the hotel. Duval street was about a 5 min walk, 15-20 min walk to mallory square and 10 min walk to the southern most point. It was close enough but also far enough away from the noise, crowds and roosters (yes for some reason many hotels on Duval street have roosters that crow at 6 am) of Duval street. The hotel was energy efficient which I thought was very nice. The rooms are very modern and even the rooms are energy efficient with many energy saving things in place. The rooms have there own private balconies. Very nice pool and free continental breakfast as well. I would defiantly stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

2  Thank gus1899

Reviewed March 8, 2012

These are the things I liked about this hotel: free parking, great location to walk to all the tourist sites, very clean, modern design in the rooms, friendly front desk staff (loaned us an umbrella, restaurant recommendations, let us park the car there for hours after our checkout, continental breakfast, pool and the balconies. Also, this was about the best price we could find within walking distance of Duvall Street when we booked. I called a few days after I made the reservation since I forgot to check if there was a AAA discount -- there was and they promptly emailed me a new confirmation with the AAA rate so I was impressed with their customer service. The only downside is the counter space in the bathroom is limited but this wasn't really a problem.

Room Tip: May want a balcony that faces the pool, but I actually enjoyed our balcony facing the side street...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We had an awesome time staying at the Silver Palms Inn!

First and foremost, the staff is excellent! They are very attentive and beyond helpful. They made reservations for us, gave pinpoint directions and provided us with anything we needed at the drop of a hat. They are very polite and courteous and made you feel that no request was beyond their reach.

The room was comfy and clean. We slept Great! The bed and pillows are just as comfortable as the ones we use at home. The water pressure in the shower is awesome. We loved the "Green" aspect concerning the lights and air conditioning. Though, it did take some getting used to putting your key card in to operate them. Brilliant idea! Let's save the planet! :)

The pool and surrounding areas were very clean and there was adequate seating for all to catch some rays. The one slight negative was that the pool is on the small side and not very deep. (5ft.). Perfect for cooling off.

The breakfast was continental style. Fruit, bagels, croissants, muffins, danishes, and the like. Perfect way to start your day on your way out the door to explore the island. If you are expecting more than that you will be disappointed.

Finally, the Hotel is located a couple blocks from the noise of Duval street. All of the attractions are less than a 20 min walk away. If walking isn't your bag, the guys at the front desk will be happy to rent you a bicycle. We found the location of the Hotel perfect.

One final thing....The wild Roosters that inhabit the Island may wake you on occasion. It's part of the island's charm. This did not bother me. However, my girlfriend did use the earplugs the hotel provides. They've thought of everything! Enjoy your stay! We will definitely be back!!!

1  Thank John D
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We only spent 1 night, but we found the Silver Palms to have excelent rooms, large sparkling and almost new. A nice pool and continental breakfast were lovely and the staff was first rate.
The best is the location, just a block or so off Duval, an easy 15 minute stroll to Mallory Square, lots of restaurants within minutes.
The hotel can get you any type of amenitiy you wish includiung bikes, mopeds or tour deals.
We would definitely return.

Room Tip: all the rooms face the pool, and are good.
1  Thank Paul154998
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This hotel went above and beyond any of our expectations. Our daughter and son-in-law decided to get married in Key West. We were referred to Silver Palms Inn by their wedding planners. GREAT CHOICE. The staff were so helpful. They answered all of our wedding guests questions. They also allowed us to use the pool area as our meeting place both before the wedding and even in the evenings when everyone got back from whatever they had planned for the day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is going to Key West. It's within walking distance to Duval and the bar scene. The rooms were great with comfy beds. The breakfast was better than some hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I can add to others reviews that this hotel is new and clean. Breakfast included in price is an advantage until you try it: very low quality fruits, coffee and croissants, plastic cups - thats all, not so promissing, happy me I tryed this breakfast only once. I am from Europe so my comment can differ from U.S.citizents.
The worsiest things are that the towels and bed linen are 100 years old in grey collor. I was thinking that somebody was sleeping in my bed before, brrr...really difficult to understand how hotel can save on this very important things...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lescol
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This was a great place to stay! Very clean and helpful staff along with a nice breakfast and coffee included every morning. The rooms were tastefully decorated and I love the whole "green" idea. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again next time I'm down in Key West! Centrally located to everything in walking distance. I rented a bicycle for a day right there on property and taxis are nearby within a phone call from the front desk.

Andrea and Jim