“Great condo and loved Key West!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Tropical Escape

Living room with TV
Master King Bedroom with full bath
Master bathroom
Master bathroom
Queen Bedroom with full private bath
Queen bedroom
Pond
Ft. Zachary Taylor Beach
Ft. Zachery Taylor Beach
Key West sunset
Its not KW without a chicken
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Spanish first
Any
Kathleen...
“Great condo and loved Key West!”
Reviewed June 25, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay at the condo, very nice and comfortable! We loved having a place away from the action of Duval to return to. Very close to Smathers Beach which we loved. Wish we had planned a longer stay!

Jun 29, 2017
So glad your visit to Paradise met your expectations and that you had the best time. We do offer discounts to returning guests so look us up when you're down here next.

Sue
jedwincal...
Shawnee, Kansas
“Secluded, quiet, and relaxing”
Reviewed May 29, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Hidden off the beaten path, this condo was clean, spacious, and so quiet. We were close to everything we needed, but secluded enough to get away from it all. The pool and hot tub were amazing, and there was even a small convenience store within walking distance. The ocean was within walking distance, and I enjoyed morning runs on the sidewalks adjacent to the beautiful, clear waters. We also liked visiting the sites of Key West, including Duval Street, the Aquarium, and the pier, all of which were within a quick 15 minute drive of the condo. We look forward to staying here again in the future!

Your age range 50-64
May 30, 2017
Thanks so much for your kind words, Jeffrey. We work very diligently on providing and maintaining a clean and complete place for our vacationers to stay and so we are personally gratified when our guests have had a wonderful time. Please let us know when you're back in Paradise as we do provide special rates for returning guests. Sue
d0lynn
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Clean, All the Amenities”
Reviewed April 9, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Thanks Steve & Sue for allowing us to stay at your place. It accommodated us very well. I especially appreciated the two very nice sleeping areas and the kitchen. Its always nice to be able to shop, cook, and eat some meals at "home". The kitchen bar was a perfect place to enjoy breakfast before heading out for our day. The condo is very, very clean. A surprise was the laundry facilities in the unit; came in handy. This condo came to us via a recommendation from a friend. And, I would and will recommend to a friend headed to Key West. Thanks again.

Apr 12, 2017
Thanks so much for the sparkling review, it is much appreciated! We're so very happy that your Key West experience was all you had hoped for and that our place suited your need so nicely. Be well!
Mstravele...
San Diego
“Fantastic Condo”
Reviewed March 16, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Thanks Steve and Sue. You made our stay in the Keys so memorable. Your condo was so well stocked and wonderful. We came with 2 children under 3 and they had a blast in the pool and we were so close we walked to the beach. Loved the washer/dryer in the unit. We took your advice and ate at some of the restaurants you recommended and loved them all. We will certainly be back in Key West someday and will be booking with you.

Thanks again!!

Mar 22, 2017
Thanks so much, Kelly, for your stellar review of our place! We couldn't be happier that our place suited your needs and that your time in key west was all you had hooped it would be. It's reviews like yours that give us the feedback we need in order to maintain the highest possible standards for our place! We do look forward to you staying with us down the road and remind you that returning guests are offered special discounts!
Louis P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“"The complete condo"”
Reviewed February 21, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This condo has everything you need, from beach chairs to all your kitchen supplies.
It was clean and bright. The pool was wonderful, and the location was quiet. You won't be disappointed with this place.

Feb 23, 2017
Thanks so much Lou for taking the time to post this review. We're so pleased that your experience was s great one!
MiracleSt...
Windsor, New York
“Worked for us”
Reviewed February 21, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We rented this condo for the week of 2-9 to 2-16..Sunrise Suites #109..We booked this month's ago and I had no problem with contact with the owners..They always responded quickly to my emails. We did have a misunderstanding with the shuttle and truthfully it was my error..I had read so many listings that I knew this facility had a shuttle but it was not clear to me that it was unavailable for this unit..Worked out fine..we had a rental and when we didn't want to drive we used a cab. We traveled with 2 other couples..so I will let them post their own reviews..as for my husband and I it worked for us (the only drawback was that we got the pull out!) No pull outs are comparable to a regular bed..I know we have slept on many! We were delayed in arriving (snow in Philly and fog in Ft Lauderdale) It was probably 10 10:30 by the time we arrived..of course we got lost trying to find the condo..I had to call Roger..He was very helpful in talking me through the turns..did not seem put out by my calling at that hour! We spent Valentine's day sitting in the sun on Smather's Beach..using the provided beach chairs..Perfect day for me (sun lover!) I enjoyed the view from the patio..looking out on the pool and seeing the sun come up. We grilled out one night and the bbq was fine..yes it is charcoal , we checked before we went to the store to be sure what we needed. The location was convenient, stores were close by so when we needed something was not a big issue to get it..The one thing that may need attention..is the washing machine..it sounded like maybe the weights are off..All in all what's to complain about? We escaped upstate New York and missed snow and ice everyday..to sit by the pool or on the beach in beautiful weather!
Thanks for the week in Key West!!

Your age range 50-64
Feb 23, 2017
We couldn't be happier that your stay was a good one at our place! We work hard to assure that our guests' experience lives up to their expectations and we are pleased that it worked for you. Thanks so much for your review and kind words.
bootleg71...
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Behold the Tropical Nightmare before, during and after Christmas”
Reviewed January 29, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

The owners have probably been waiting for this review…and here it is.

My wife and I reserved this condo back in June and we should have known from the beginning there would be issues. We asked if we could pay by PayPal and were told WE would have to pay extra so they didn’t incur the PayPal fees. In today’s age, this is completely unacceptable. In hindsight, this should have been my first warning flag not to rent with them. My wife and I opted to pay by check, and our first check arrived without issue. In November, when the rest of our payment was due, we sent a check a week ahead of time and it got lost in the mail. Sue demanded we overnight a check, at a cost of $25 (strike 2). I was livid but my wife over-nighted the check and then everything was fine. Once arriving in Miami, we drove down the Overseas highway and after a long day dropped our stuff off then went out to dinner. We had no idea what we would find when we got back.
We got home at around 10 to find dust, dirty (stained) blankets, sheets, mattress pads, pillows with stains, dried blood and mold, toy cars and long strands of black hair all over the condo (including IN the showers). We checked the second bedroom to see if it was any better and it was the same. This was the night of December 23rd. Instantly we went into full on clean mode and washed every sheet and towel we could find. They were all disgusting and luckily we found enough laundry detergent to take care of everything. Upon further inspection, the lint screen in the dryer was chocked full of lint (major fire hazard) I found curly hair and nails in the bathroom (eew), a piece of folded up paper towel holding the element to the stove in place (major fire hazard #2) and the filter for the air conditioner was so dirty you could not see through to the other side (not changed in months).
While everything was getting cleaned, my wife and I went through every pillow in the condo and they were ALL dirty, all old and all disgusting. We knew we would not be able to sleep on them, and felt strongly about leaving immediately. Unfortunately this being 2 days before Christmas the number of places with availability was small, and we had no guarantee of getting any money back (beware paying by check!). We drove to Ross to buy 2 new pillows for the low price of $10.00 each at 1am on Christmas Eve. While driving over I called the owners and left a scathing message; was almost immediately texted back and was told they were shocked because they stayed in the condo the WEEK PRIOR TO OUR ARRIVAL. They also told me they purchased new pillows and couldn’t understand what we were seeing. I was also referred to Roger, their “manager”. Roger is a nice guy, but isn’t the exclusive manager of this condo, he’s the manager of the Condo Association and isn’t authorized to do anything without contacting the owners. (Don’t be fooled by what the owners might tell you!)
Roger came over the next day and inspected the condo and said “you have some legitimate gripes about your situation”. We thanked him for coming over and he told us he would contact the owners to confirm what we had reported. He also replaced the months old filter in the a/c. I contacted the owner again and was told: “I must have an incredibly low tolerance for dust, and that he wanted to hire my wife and me to clean for him.” Not only was it wrong, but it was insulting. We have an incredibly low tolerance for DIRTY CONDOS and spending $1600 on it (or the equivalent of $271/night) gave me a certain expectation for cleanliness. I demanded half of our money back and did not hear anything. I sent pictures of everything I described and was met with excuses left and right about how this wasn’t possible and they couldn’t believe it. CLEARLY they do not understand how to keep condos clean.
One more note, it was advertised there is a bbq and patio table. There is no mention of what kind of grill it is. I was expecting a nice gas grill but was met with a grill you would find at a state park (the little black ones with the movable stand) and it had holes in the bottom of it. What’s worse is there was no charcoal provided or a fire stick. Instead of grilling fish or steaks for Christmas dinner, we had to scramble to find a restaurant that was open on Christmas.
I absolutely would not stay here again, for all the reasons I’ve mentioned and more: the view of the parking lot, the dishwasher rack rolling out of the dishwasher, the closet door continually breaking off the posts, the rust in the freezer, the location being too far away from everything, and (most important of all) the complete lack of management skills by the owners. One more thing about communication…the owners are awful at communicating. We were sent emails and constantly told to “reply back noting we received an email” (for confirmation), however when we initiated an email, the response time was all over the place. Sometimes we’d get a response right away, others times we had to follow up because nobody wrote us back. When I continued to demand money back, there was no texting or follow up phone calls from the owners with any explanation denying my request. JUST SILENCE.
I can’t even tell you how many people we’ve told about our experience here and we’ve got the photographic proof to back it up. To make matters worse, this was also a birthday present to my wife (she’s a Christmas baby) and this is what we have to deal with. Sue and Stephen are probably nice people, but when it comes to running their business, they need some help in so many areas. I’m sure their response will be ripe with excuses, and how nothing was truly their fault but the bottom line is this. My wife and I spent $1600 on a dirty condo and received nothing, NOTHING back. Not even an apology for our trouble or any type of refund. That tells you all you need to know.

***If you’d like pictures of our experience, I’m happy to share them all you have to do is message me on TripAdvisor and I’ll shoot them over to you.***

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Feb 23, 2017
Your review is interesting. If you look below yours, you will see more than 75 reviews, the overwhelming majority of which are 5 stars. Since we really don't have much control over who stays with us, we must rely on the hope that people who do stay with us show the the same good will that we offer to them. This apparently did not occur with you. It seems right from the start that you could not be pleased, searching for the most minuscule things to complain about. Who strips off the sheets to search for microscopic spots on the mattress cover? Who looks under the bed and finds a model car? Who climbs onto the tub to search for dust on a ledge near the ceiling? Who opens the restricted cabinet to inspect the air conditioner filter? Only someone looking for some reason to demand their money back, that's who. And you tipped your hand early on, asking for a refund practically on day one of your stay. Not cool, and I would caution anyone in the future who you apply to for a vacation stay to think twice about having you stay with them. Our history and stellar reputation have exposed you and your apparent dishonest intentions. Shame on you.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing