“I could live off of garbo's grill.”
Review of Garbo's Grill

Garbo's Grill
Ranked #4 of 459 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I literally do. I eat from her once sometimes twice a day. I'm never dissapointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,738)

Reviewed March 8, 2011

fish burrito is out of this world and you have to wash it down with her signature mango smoothie

Reviewed March 4, 2011

We had the fish burritos for lunch which were extremely fresh and with clean flavors. I just question whether a one-trick pony like this one deserves to be rated #1 when there are so may great restaurants in town. I suspect all it takes is for someone from a cruise ship publishing a newsletter recommending this place to passengers to generate this many positive reviews. I really liked their fish burrito don't get me wrong. I just think it demonstrated how the whole system of rating restaurants in a cruise ship port needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

heidigarbo, Owner at Garbo's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Thank you so much for your patronage to my little cart. I am sorry that you where not able to experience some of my specials. I generally change my special items every week. I stopped regularly doing daily specials due to the demand of the Fish Burritos and my small quarters limit what I am able to cook. I am in the process of adding an additional grill and I would love to see you again and try some of my specials such as Black and Blue Burgers, Conch Ceviche, and Mango Chicken Chipotle Quesadilla. Also, I will not deny that I have a few people from cruise ships that eat with me, but they are by far the minority. I got my start on Tripadvisor entirely from local customers many of whom spread the word to tourists.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

We stumbled upon this great streetside food cart on our way down Green Street. Heidi was very friendly and served us well. She made us awesome fish tacos with a wonderful sauce. We spent time sitting beside her food cart, watching the passersby. Heidi offered us suggestions of various places to visit and eat on Key West and she was correct on all accounts. It certainly is an eatery not to miss!!

Reviewed March 4, 2011

Please note: this is a food cart, not a stand alone restaurant!!

We visited after reading the number of excellent reviews on the internet. We were not disappointed! I ordered the famous fish burrito made fresh with mahi-mahi, mango, and jalapenos. Not a fan of fish tacos (and food similar to this), I was hesitant to try this. I was not disappointed!

The service was great. The food cart is manned by a very friendly owner who goes out of her way to make sure you get what you order. There is limited seating (2 people) at the food cart, but you can take a small walk to the marina and find some benches halfway down the walkway.

Fresh food at a great price, excellent service, a laid back atmosphere ... what more could you ask for???