“Great food & service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Garbo's Grill

Garbo's Grill
Ranked #2 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Amazing food from a small rig; we loved the fish tacos & Yum Yum shrimp tacos! Plus, the staff were very polite & helpful. They checked on us several times while eating our food. If you go & like pepper sauces, eat across the street at the pepper sauces store. You can eat there & sample their sauces at the sampling bar.
Just keep in mind, they do not have seats & tables, it's just primitive outdoor dining for lunch, very Key West-ish. Although, they do have.................Awesome tacos!

• Visited August 2013

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mobile, Alabama
“How is this place rated #3 on Trip Advisor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Because of the reviews we went here. When we arrived there was a line. I thought this was a good sign but that's what I get for thinking. As we waiting in line in the 90+ degree weather with no cover we smelled sewage (I later found out the cart is next to some type of small sewage treatment facility). Then I made it to the front of the line and ordered from a very nice lady. We paid (food seems expensive for "cart food") and she told us are food would be up shortly. As we waited my wife needed to use the bathroom. They don't have one. So, we get our food and there is no where to sit (enough seating for maybe 10 people). At this point I throw my food in the garbage and go to the restaurant across the street for a fine meal. With all the fine restaurants in Key West there is no need to stand in the heat, in a place with no bathroom, next to a sewage plant, with minimal seating and horrible atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Charles T
garbosgrill, Owner at Garbo's Grill, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hello Charlie T,

So this will be my third try at writing a response.. For some odd reason this review has stayed with me, and I have found myself having problems to find the proper wayr to respond to it.

The reason I think I am having a problem is that everything you say it true, other than us being next to a sewage treatment facility ( it is a pump station to remove the flood water when it rains to much )

What I don't get is why would you go through the trouble to make yourself unhappy.. And then go off on us for being what we are. I am just plain confused, but oh-weil that is all I have to say about that.

I think there is a certain romanticism of going to a little fish taco stand in the tropics and relaxing under a beautiful Poinciana tree, walking down to the marina and sitting by the water, or going just to the beach and enjoying a fresh Mahi Mahi taco. Life is to short, so take a deep breath and look at the beauty of the simple things.

But as your review, this is only my opinion:-)

Have great travels and we hope you make your way down to the Keys again.

Sincerely

The Pancamo's
Stock Island,Fl
“The best food in Key West hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you want the best Mahi taco or shrimp taco on the planet this quaint little wagon is a must...all fresh ingredients...freshest mahi, fresh cabbage, cilantro, mango, jalapinos, and a super secret sauce...OMG it just made my mouth water and I told my girlfriend we have to go now and get my Garbo's fix....YUM!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We found this place on our walk back to the Hyatt and we were so pleased. They offer about 4 or 5 tacos or burgers all of which were unique and very flavorful. It was good value and a nice change from the restaurant scene.

Springfield, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Loved everything! The mahi mahi tacos were a favorite of ours! Write down the address if you are a tourist...it is easy to miss this little food truck with amazing food!