“Food, Value, Service, Atmosphere- EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Garbo's Grill

Garbo's Grill
Ranked #3 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Food, Value, Service, Atmosphere- EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The service has always been fantastic and this time was no different. They are incredibly friendly, polite, and always have a smile on their faces. Atmosphere- how can you beat sitting or standing under a palm tree in Key West with the sunshine in your face, delicious smells from the grill, while you wait for an amazing meal? The answer is- you can't! For those of you that can't handle waiting 15-30 or even in a very rare case 45 minutes for a great meal, there's a Wendy's a couple blocks down on Duval- oh and they have tables and chairs at that Wendy's. My point is simple- tables and chairs don't make a great experience- it's the staff, the food, and the atmosphere and for the purpose of this review- i'll even throw in value. Additionally, I'm sure most of us have heard the saying, "Good Food Takes Time"- why should this be an exception? Onto the food- i have visited Garbo's several times and couldn't wait for this trip as I had my order planned since my last visit in August. While I have never had a disappointing meal- I think I have found my go-to selection: the Mango and Brie with Fish Quesadilla. It was everything I knew it would be. A huge quesadilla with melted brie cheese, slices of mango, huge chunks of fresh Mahi Mahi (that I am sure was swimming in local waters yesterday), and the perfect amount of cilantro, green onions, and jalapeños served with a side of the tasty caribbean sauce. As for value- with tip (make sure you leave one), an ice-cold coke, an amazing quesadilla, and an overall awesome experience I got to share with my mom- about $15. Keep it up Garbo's and thank you!

1 Thank FoodieFare

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sacramento, California
“Very rustic but its your logical dining option in Key West”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Its more like a picnic, but you'll never leave this glorified food stand hungry!

The fish tacos seem to be the main attraction here. Most days, they run out of food early, that's how popular they've become.

We found them on "Yelp" and were so relieved to eat here--- all of the nearby restaurants are so overpriced and pretentious!

• Visited May 2012
“Awesome food!!!! Fav was Korean meat burrito.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Awesome food!!! In order of my personal preferences: Korean meat burrito, chicken quesadilla, fish tacos. All are excellent. Workers were genuinely interested asking about your food and service.

“A Great Little Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Like many others, stopped for lunch and loved it. A limited selection, but that's dictated by the size of the wagon. Staff is friendly, service is good. You do have to wait since everything is cooked to order, no different than, say B..O.s, another excellent lunch stop. I'm adding this to my list of Key West places to visit.

Chesapeake Beach, Maryland, United States
“Still our favorite!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here 4 times in the past 2years and LOVE it!! Took our daughter this trip and she was amazed with the fish tacos! Will continue to eat there!