WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Garbo's Grill

Garbo's Grill
Ranked #2 of 438 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Metamora, Illinois
“Gourmet Food Truck With Amazing Grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

On our trip to Key West, my wife found this place listed as the number 1 place to eat on the island. I was shocked to find out it was a simple food truck located next to parking lot across from Peppers of Key West. Their menu is simple island-inspired fare with a twist of tropical flavors.

I opted for the mango dog which was a massive hot dog topped with mango, onions, bacon and slathered in an island sauce. My wife chose the mahi mahi fish tacos with similar toppings. Both were cooked to order and served fresh and hot while we waited in the shade in a makeshift seating area. The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful while we tried to figure out what to eat. We enjoyed watching the chickens and roosters run around and beg for crumbs as we finished our meal.

This place is unpretentious and serves upscale food truck cuisine in a lovely outdoor setting. The food was moderately priced and a very good value. Be sure you eat here first before going across the street to Peppers because I think you'll want to be able to taste everything they offer before blowing your tastebuds out with the hot sauce bar next door.

• Visited November 2012

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seminole, Florida
“Gourmet from a truck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

The husband and wife team who work this truck are awesome! He genuinely cares about every item he prepares and their staff was helpful and very customer service oriented. The food was amazing and my husbands burger was juicy and rich! In fact, he wasnt interested in sharing it! :-) The quesadilla was fantastic as well! I would love to have eaten their again, but time ran out! Great job!!

Visited November 2012
Louisiana
“Really, really, really good food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were strolling down the street and I saw this portable restaurant with people waiting in line. I made some kind of smart comment and my wife quickly let me know that Garbo's Grill is the number 1 rated restaurant in Key West. Thinking she was lying, I got in line to prove her wrong. I hate it when she is right!!! This is fine dining on wheels. If you don't believe me, or her, just give it a try. Really, really, really good food!!

• Visited October 2012
Connecticut
“local superstar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

heard about this place from a pedi-cab aka "rikshaw" driver and checked it out the following day. for some reason thought it was an actual restaurant but it is just a food cart, however, the food is better than half the restaurants in key west. totally cool, down to earth people working there and the fresh mahi tacos were insane. as soon as i finished i stated out loud that that was the best fish taco i've ever had, even better than fred's in san diego. the only reason i didn't give it a 5 is that they were out of beef at about 4pm and half the people i was with had to move on to another place to eat. economical, friendly and super fresh food. a great pit stop for lunch, a local favorite.

• Visited November 2012
Sparrows Point , MD
“I can't lelieve I waited so long to eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had seen the reviews, but never made it a point to plan a lunch stop here. Well, was I wrong ! Upon eating at Garbos the food was amazing, I had the shrimp taco's , my husband had the fish taco's. The others in our group had the burger and a burrito. All was very filling and wonderfully delicious. It will be another of our regular eating spots upon each visit. I will surely pass the word to all my visiting friends.

• Visited October 2012