“Awesome adventure!”

Key West Seaplane Adventures
Ranked #13 of 294 Outdoor Activities in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: As the only air-service, we are by far the most exciting and convenient way to reach the Dry Tortugas, one of North America's most inaccessible National Parks. The Park lies in the blue-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico, 70 miles due west of Key West, FL. Low altitude sightseeing flight, great snorkeling, pristine beaches, tour Fort Jefferson & bird watching. Morning, Afternoon & full day tours.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Awesome adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic day, Seaplane Adventures made it a memory that will last for a life time. The DeHavilland Otter was fabulous. We all had a window seat, saw hundreds of turtles, sharks, rays, and wrecks along the way to the Dry Tortugas. They supplies us with snorkel gear, a cooler with ice and cold beverages. En-route our pilot Gary talked intermittently pointing out points of interest but allowed all of us to just watch the fantastic ocean scape go by. Once on shore, after a perfect landing we had a great time at the beach, snorkeled plus we packed a picnic lunch that we ate on the beach. The time flew by but the adventure was continuing with a great trip back to Key West. I would highly recommend going on a 12 noon flight the colors of the ocean were indescribable, plus going back at 315pm the sun was still high enough for the colors to be vibrant! I would do this again the next time down to the Keys!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sailingalbvi

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Newport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Day trip-to an amazing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We took the trip in early September to Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas. The seaplane ride was one of the main reasons for travelling.The flight takes about 40 minutes, everyone has a window seat and the pilot describes the highlights on the way. The plane flies fairly low so we saw lots of turtles and one shark plus some shipwrecks. Fort Jefferson is an amazing place and I could not believe that such a place could be built in such a location all those years ago. The trip is expensive but worth every penny for a fabulous day.

Aurora, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great time - Bring your camera!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I took this trip in October of 2013 and it was amazing. The pilot will describe all the areas which you are flying over and will tilt the plane while going over shipwrecks to allow for great photos. I highly recommend taking the 8am flight - even though its early for a Key West vacationer, it is very well worth it. You beat the ferry in by about 1.5 hours and pretty much have the island to yourself. Snorkeling in the clear water around the fort is amazing where you can see much wildlife. I will be doing this trip again, very well worth it! No food is available at the park, but the seaplane company offers water and softdrinks.

Visited October 2013
Gainesville, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I wrote another review for these great folks, but I put it with the Dry Tortugas reviews by accident. My wife and I have been going to Key West for the last 15 years, have done a lot of things fun there, but this trip via seaplane to Ft. Jefferson probably takes the cake. We had been wanting to do it for a while, but it's not an inexpensive trip, so we were always hesitant. Well, all I can say is that it was worth every penny! To start with, everyone involved were great. Super friendly, and very helpful. Our pilot was awesome (I, unfortunately do not remember his name - please forgive :-). It was our first time on a seaplane, the flight was smooth, and the views extraordinary. I probably took over 500 photos on the trip. The pilot pointed out and talked about everything we were going over. When he wasn't talking, he was playing great music. Very cool. The flight out to the fort is about 45 minutes long. Then upon arrival, you get to take a self guided tour of the fort (fascinating place), and then it's time to snorkel. Snorkel gear is provided along with beverages. They give everybody little coolers, so if you wanted to bring a couple of sandwiches, no prob. Also bring a towel. The water is beautiful, but what else would you expect? You are on the island for close to 2 hours, then they fly you back. So its close to a 4 hour day, with not one minute that wasn't exciting. I have a feeling we'll be doing it again next year! Highly recommended!

1 Thank C63piloti
Barto, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
““Seaplane ride was great!””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My family visited the Dry Tortugas National Park by the Seaplane. It was a nice flight over to the park, you were able to see the sea turtles, sharks, etc from the seaplane. Snorkeling was fun and we saw some pretty coral and fish. Exploring the fort was fun to learn the history of Dry Tortugas. This was our second time taking the Seaplane to the Dry Tortugas.