“Awesome Seaplane Adventure”

Key West Seaplane Adventures
Ranked #10 of 295 Outdoor Activities in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: As the only air-service, we are by far the most exciting and convenient way to reach the Dry Tortugas, one of North America's most inaccessible National Parks. The Park lies in the blue-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico, 70 miles due west of Key West, FL. Low altitude sightseeing flight, great snorkeling, pristine beaches, tour Fort Jefferson & bird watching. Morning, Afternoon & full day tours.
Scappoose, Oregon
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome Seaplane Adventure”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful seaplane flight to and from Dry Tortugas National Park this morning with this company. As others have mentioned here, having the fort to ourselves is worth every bit of the cost. Even on the half-day tour, we had plenty of time to visit the fort and then snorkel for awhile to get the full experience well before the ferry arrived with the crowds. As a private pilot myself, I came away from the adventure with the idea that going early was the best decision here and that I too need to get my seaplane rating. Thanks for the memory of a lifetime.

1 Thank DeanSandow

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bern, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Just WOW, you get so much more than you pay for !”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

TA erased my first review about KW Seaplane Adventures....never told me why....so lets try again...

It was just perfect ! As others mentionned, being alone for almost two hours on the island is just so great. In our group we were the only ones visiting the Fort first, and you feel like a billionaire on his private island. This trip was THE highlight of our US trip this year, ever ? It will be very hard to find something to top this one.

Again as others mentionned, it is totally worth the price, something comparable in Switzerland would cost more than five times this price. The price difference to the boat trip is not that big and a hundred times worth the advantages you get.

The staff and pilot were very friendly and competent. They could maybe replace the headphones, cause you will not understand most of the pilots descriptions due to the plane noise.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of Our Trip”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had never heard of the Dry Tortugas National Park before I started researching things to do while in Key West. However, once I read about it, I really wanted to go. I have suffered from seasickness in the past and didn't particularly look forward to spending close to 5 hours on a boat to make the round trip. The seaplane option was amazing - very fast 35-40 min. trip each way and the water was so clear that you could see shipwrecks, stingrays, dolphins, sharks and huge sea turtles from the air!

The pilot was nice and very friendly and gave commentary as he flew. We chose the all day option which gave us more time to spend at Fort Jefferson and snorkeling. I could have actually spent more hours snorkeling - there was the most beautiful coral and colorful fish around the area and also saw barracuda and stingrays.

The islands of the Dry Tortugas are so remote that there is no wireless service - very peaceful day away from modern technology :)

You won't regret spending the money for this trip. Very professional and organized operation... once in a lifetime adventure!!

Visited July 2013
Redington Shores, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best excursion, ever”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was my birthday splurge and so glad we did it. The process from reservation to flight was handled beautifully. Evan our pilot did an amazing job pointing out all the spectacular scenery during the flight. I was a bit nervous about a small plane, but oh so smooth, no worries at all. We just did the half day which is a bit quick but in August, probably all the sun we could handle anyway. I am positive you would not see all the amazing sights that we saw from the air. Even got to see some Cuban refugees landing on an adjacent island. Save up your money and take the plane. It took me 52 years to get there and it was worth every penny. Thanks to pilot Evan for taking such good care of us. Your Eckerd College friends : )

1 Thank karen m
New York City, New York
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fun Fun Fun”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've flown in a seaplane many times to go to Bimini for Scuba trips, but this was for sightseeing and it was soooo much fun.. Being a frequent Keys visitor from Key Largo to Key West, it was fun from the sky.. Gives one a whole new perspective.. Highly recommended..

Visited July 2013