“Hefty Cuban sandwich!! They don't skimp on the meats!”
Review of Sandy's Cafe

Sandy's Cafe
Ranked #26 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Sandy's is a walk up window across the street from Fausto's grocery made famous by Jimmy Buffett. No atmosphere to speak of but for $8 you will get a Cuban Sandwich just packed full of all the goodies! Great value ! And GOOD!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

When I was a kid, this was called M&M and was run by local Cubans. It had all the Cuban cafe accoutrements, buchi, cafe con leche, bolitos, Cuban Mixes, etc. Years back it got bought by a nice Mexican family and they not only kept the Cuban stuff, but added lots of tasty Mexican items too...now I see they have added arepas and empanadas, since their recent mini renovation.

This place is a classic, and most things I've reviewed in the last few days that can be had at newer, trendier carry-out places such as burritos, pressed sandwiches, beans-n-rice can be had here and are as good, if not better....BUT they're open 24/7!

BTW Tampa, you did NOT invent the Cuban Mix sandwich, Key West did, and when it comes 'all the way', it comes with lettuce and tomatoes, like at Sandy's!

1  Thank CEMott3rd
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I am in Key West several times a year and I have always found Sandy's a good sandwich with quick delivery around the Island. The only annoying thing is they do NOT take ANY credit cards and we all know the reason......I have to pay my taxes and I think Sandy's should too!

That being said I called Sandy's yesterday as usual and the man seemed to have a very hard time understanding me....but we finally connected when he made me understand they did not have rice pudding today.

I waited for an hour an no food came so I called back to see what happened?

The shrew who answered my phone told me they called me (for what reason she did not say) and I never answered my phone so my order was cancelled. I tried NICELY to tell her my phone did not ring and I have no messages from Sandy's.

She then starts screaming at me telling me not to scream at her. I explain I am not screaming but no one called.....with that she tells me (expletive deleted) and hangs up on me.

Sorry to see this happen but that us the end of my doing business with Sandy's. All of you will have to decided as to how you wish to be treated but obviously Sandy's feels it does not need to be kind to their customers nor is a customer that important.

3  Thank Wayne Z
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My family has vacationed in the Key West for over half a dozen years. I always try Cuban sandwiches at different places when we go. I was delighted to finally find Sandy's. It is totally off of the beaten path but has the best Cuban mix sandwich in Key West. I love that it is a street side café attached to a laundry mat. You have to try this place or you will miss out on one of the great things Key West has to offer.

1  Thank scoothhi
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Sandy's is a little stand In Key West with some of the best Cuban food! Located next to a coin laundry mat you may drive by it and not stop. Please do! I have never eaten such a great Cuban sandwich!

1  Thank ljohnson520