“Treat yourself”

Old Town Bakery
Ranked #3 of 31 Dessert in Key West
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: All baked goods, soups, sandwiches are made from scratch on premises. We are take out only, we have no seats. Artisan breads, fresh croissants, danish, etc. WE DO NOT HAVE A SEATING AREA. All roasted meats for sandwiches and all soups are made in house. No seats (alright, we have a little bench outside BUT THAT IS IT!!) Real home cooking and baking. This bakery is takeout only. There is no seating area in this restaurant. We do have cheeses from all around the world but we don't have seats.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We rented the house next door and never made coffee once. It's a nice change to enjoy high quality food and beverages that are fresh and thoughtfully prepared. The breakfast treats are out of this world, all of our friends and family raved. The sandwiches at breakfast and lunch are loaded with ingredients and served on incredible breads of your choice. The tuna salad sandwich is exceptional. Open from 7:00-5:00.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Pastries and sweets are some of my favorite things, and Old Town Bakery offers some of the best I've ever had. I'd never been a danish fan, but I took one look at their Peach Cobbler Danish and I just had to try it. Incredible. If you've had a rough week, or just need a chocolate fix, the OMG Brownie will do the trick and then some. The ooey-gooey interior is like hot fudge and despite how heavy it is, you can't stop eating it. Heat it up and add some ice cream and it just gets better. But they're skills aren't limited to sweets, no sir. Craving a sandwich that's not from some corporate commercial sandwich mill? Go here. You can choose your bread, meat, cheese and toppings, but I assure you that's where the similarities end. Ham and brie on baguette with spinach, tomato, and dijon? Yes please. Or you can choose one of their pre-designed sandwiches like the Bleu BLT (the classic with bleu cheese dressing instead of mayo). This is definitely a place worth visiting.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Danishes and breakfast sandwiches are excellent. Servers were very friendly. After we found this gem, we stopped by everyday even though it wasn't near our hotel.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

While driving to our vacation rental we passed this bakery on our way in! The next morning I woke up and walked to get pastries. My chocolate chip crossiant and cheese Danish were delicious, my family enjoyed them with breakfast. I think my only disappoint was the young lady working the counter was not the friendliest person I've ever encountered. But aside from that the pastries were delicious and I will definitely return on future trips!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

their so called baguettes are TASTELESS . not crispy as a Parisian baguette should be
Pastries are uneatable ...
Still looking for good bread in Key West ...

1  Thank shapirit
Niall B, Owner at Old Town Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Wow. Uneatable? Sorry you were so unhappy. To be honest it doesn't worry me though. I took a look at your other reviews and ratings. Seeing that we were one of three restaurants you reviewed in Key West, all terrible places in your opinion, an Italian restaurant that wasn't Italian enough for you, a tapas restaurant that wasn't Spanish enough for you and our French bread that wasn't French enough for you. By the way, we got only one other review that day, it was from some Italian people visiting Key West who gave us 5 stars particularly for our baguette and our pastries. The same two items you complained about on the same day. Taking a look at all your Key West ratings, it's clear to me that you are not "looking for good bread in Key West ... " as much as you are looking for anything at all that you like about Key West. I hope you find it.