“Wonderful find.”

Sugar Apple Health Food Store
Ranked #172 of 449 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A staple since the 1990's for vegan/vegetarian locals and tourists alike. We offer a wide variety of items that keep you healthy and the knowledge to help you get there! We also have a Deliciously Vegan Deli and Juice Bar with daily specials.
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This was a wonderful find. Me & my wife were looking for places that juiced and had smoothies while we were in Key West on vacation. This is a great little gem. The smoothies we got were amazing. We also got salads one day and they were well worth the $. Fresh and delicious. Te store attached to the juice bar is jammed packed full of good stuff. We found paraben free, reef safe sunblock and aloe drink. Loved it.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

From the great north and we were looking for a nutritious drink. We were sent to the sugar apple by some locals. They have a small cafe that we decided to have lunch in. It was great and the people working there were very helpful. I recommend it to anyone looking for a great lunch and the people working there all had a smile.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I went to Sugar Apple twice during my 4-day stay in Key West. Their cafe serves some of my favorite food on the Island (suits my vegan and gluten-free dietary needs). I got the marinated sun-dried tomato salad with plain tofu (the marinated kind it comes with has gluten, so be sure to specify if that's a no-no for you). It's such a great combination, one of the best salads I've had anywhere, and with the local flair of key lime vinaigrette: devine! The second time I came in, the owner gave me a sample of a gluten-free product he'd just gotten in--a very special treat indeed. I love supporting locally-owned businesses, and this health food store, where owner Phil can often be found behind the counter, is a lovely place indeed... check out the store and grab a smoothie, juice or vegan meal while you're there.

1  Thank WalkingDove
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Tasty, yummy, very very healthy (vegan) food options. A must visit place for health and budget conscious travellers.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

loved the green juice! Conveniently located right off Duval on Simonton. If you can't find your supplements or a natural grocery item here, they will order for you. Very accommodating staff and great veggie lunch spot!