“Most Beautiful spot on the iland”

1800 Atlantic Suites
south
“Most Beautiful spot on the iland”
Reviewed August 10, 2007

Beautiful spot and best choice of rooms, on the ocean, and well kept and clean and up to date. Spacious. I think 101. Yes, I read the comment about the kids being yelled at by another person, but if they were the kids that were there when I was there, they needed it. Obviously, it wasn't coming from the parents so the manager had to say something. You know, some parents don't think their kids can do any wrong. That aside. This is a beautiful condo and I highly recommend it and will return.

Stayed July 2007

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Florida
Reviewed July 3, 2007

Stayed four days at the 1800 Atlantic Condominiums. Rate was about $269 per night for a two bedroom, two bathroom. Not a bad value for our family of five considering that the condos sell for about $750,000. The place was a bit dated (unit 226C), but considering the price it was not bad at all. The cleanliness was average. Remember, you are not staying at the Four Seasons or the Ritz, so keep that in mind so that you will not be disappointed. The furnishings were not in bad shape at all. The view was great. The pool was very nice and the barbecue area was also very nice. The unit had a large balcony with access from the living room and both bedrooms. The kitchen was in good shape with plenty of accessories. The microwave did not work :-( The beach behind the condo was not really a beach, so I would not recommend it, but just a short walk away the beach was not too bad. Security was very good. We left out bikes out and had no problems. Honestly, it is very difficult to go to Key West and not have a good time. Have some key lime pie. Visit Fort Zachary State Park. Go to Sloppy Joe's (I didn't, but maybe you can have one on me)! All in all, I would love to stay at 1800 Atlantic again. We had a great time.

• Liked — Relaxing atmosphere. Spacious, well assorted unit. Location.
  • Disliked — A bit dated. Microwave oven did not work.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Ijamsville
Reviewed May 27, 2007

My husband and I travel for business quite often so when we do vacation, we opt to rent condos rather than once again staying in hotels. The 1800 Atlantic condos was a wonderful choice! We had a room looking over the pool and the Atlantic Ocean on the east side of the building. I say that since it was shaded in the morning as opposed to the west side. We had a 2 bedroom unit which was well equiped (except for a hair dryer...so make sure you ask when you make reservations) and spacious. We had our own parking spot and the place was extremely secured. One thing to mention is that in hot weather, you do need a car to get to the "action" of Duval street and the Waterfront areas. Or of course rent a bike or a scooter. However you are just a walk away from Smathers Beach. The pool on the property is great with plenty of seating.

Would recommend this place in a heartbeat and it will be the only place we return to in our next visit to the Keys!

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank kardan127
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed May 26, 2007

We were really impressed with the condo we stayed in. I wasn't really into staying here, but glad I did! Very clean, large rooms, fully stocked with everything you could want or need. Wonderful master suite, & balcony off all rooms. Great pool and nice hottub outside. Beautiful garden as well.

• Liked — The quality and cleanliness of the unit.
  • Disliked — Pool and spa closes @ 11pm.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank darkkitten
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2007

My family took our first family vacation since kids and spouses have been added. At first I thought it was a little pricey, we had to pay a premium for the holiday period. However, we had an excellent time. The condo, was very spacious and large. We had 4 adults and one infant. We did not encounter ANY issues with having the infant with us. Of course there was the few cosmetic issues with the condo, a little outdated and our last night there we woke up to the ac leaking water. The ONLY downfall while we were there, was the heat pump went out in the pool, so we could not enjoy it for 3 days. But that is going to happen....

My father had such a great time he would love to go back every year. We have been going to Key West for years and staying with family, this time we couldnt as our family has expanded. We were skeptical about renting but turned out loving it. I also felt it was a great location, next to the public beach where we rented kayaks and took walks. Just remember if you are thinking of staying here this is a condo not a hotel, there isnt the amenities of a hotel. But still enjoyed it! Cant wait to go back......

• Liked — Location, it was quiet not nosey but ok for large families. I think not having a on premise bar and restaurant keeps down some of the noise
  • Disliked — The decor a little outdated (for me), mattress needed replaced and heat pump broke on pool.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank abr937
Park Ridge, Il
Reviewed March 13, 2007

Rented this two bedroom condo direct from the owner and we were not dissapointed. We were in unit 211 facing the beautiful garden and just a peek at the ocean and all rooms excluding bath faced the garden with patio doors in each room exiting to the balcony.Spent many mornings and evening on the balcony overlooking the lush tropical palm trees and foilage. When we entered the living area the owner has a look alike pirate suspended from the ceiling with a knife in his mouth and I swear he is a Howard Stern look a like. I can't understand why some people were dissapointed in the pool as it was large and never crowded. If you choose to stay here you have to remember that it is not close to Duval or Mallory Square but on the other hand its away from the crowds and a short cab trip which is not that expensive.I loved the excitement of Key West and found that you could be as busy as you want or just relax and enjoy the resort you are staying at. Key West is a paradise with good restaurants, entertainment and friendly people. A few of our favorite restaurants were Blue Heaven, Duffys and Red Fish/Blue Fish. We have traveled extensively and have enjoyed every place we have been to because we have over-looked the petty little things that people get caught up with. I would not go back because there are so many places in this world to see yet and we have been there and enjoyed.

Stayed March 2007