Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha(Key West)(Great Value!)
$191
$178
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Silver Palms Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
$139
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$249
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
$229
$206
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $257/night.

$233
$207
$242
$229
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$137
$116
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

Pier House Resort & Spa(Key West)
$260
$269
Hotels.com
$155
$140
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

All reviewsboth bedroomssmathers beachliving roomhot tubpool areabarbecue areagreat pool and spatennis courtsshort cabthe security guardwasher and dryerduval streetnice condolarge poolgreat balconypatio doorsparking garage
Reviewed July 12, 2017

We visit Key West 3-4 times per year. Of all the places we've stayed this one is best so far. It's a modern condo as compared to the wooden fixer-upper shoe-box rentals with window AC units and old everything others rent for premium bucks. We drive to Key West and carry our bicycles. Using the bikes (which can be rented by the week) from this place puts us within 5 minutes to everywhere. By car it takes longer to park than to just ride the Bikes. The condo pool is huge along with a 15 (or so) seater hot tub. The landscaping is thick tropical and an escape from Key West by itself. The balcony connects the living room with both bedrooms and almost all condo's have some form of view of the ocean (higher floors more easily). The property management is responsive and courteous. I don't like Condo's but this one is certainly different and obviously used to catering to guests from all over. I will look here first our next time down

Room Tip: higher the better for Ocean views
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2017

This review might be a little lengthy and I'll try not to focus on all the negative as there were a few positives. We had to rent a large Expedition SUV to accommodate our family and luggage. We arrived to the condo without issue. We did arrive after 5 pm and the leasing office was closed by then which is located somewhere else so we couldn't talk to someone face to face. Also, there is no one onsite to assist you once you arrive (no front desk).

When we pulled into the parking garage, the luggage rack on our rental SUV was hitting the top of the yellow clearance bar hanging from the ceiling. The clearance bar was practically resting on it. I looked at the ceiling and didn't want to risk it. There were some pretty low PVC pipes and sprinklers. So we had to park in the small outdoor parking lot. The lot held probably no more than 12 cars. Other people parked their larger SUV's and full size Van's there making it extremely challenging to park. Vehicles would also park in front of the space across from the designated parking spots. The small parking lot would always be full and even more frustrating trying to park a larger vehicle in the small space provided. By the evening the lot would be mostly full with the exception of a couple difficult spots which required a good 5 minutes of forwarding/reversing to try to get into a spot. There is no street parking next to the condo's.

The inside of the building is not air conditioned (this includes the elevator and the hallways). In the Florida muggy heat, it can be pretty stuffy, more so in the elevator.
After finding our room there were 3 key locks on the door (2 deadbolts and the handle lock). I questioned why the need for 3 locks on the front door and not the typical two but I figured more security is better. You will be given 2 keys (no key cards). One key to let you in the building and one key for the door handle lock. Keys to the deadbolts were not provided. As a side note, since there is no onsite help, good luck if you misplace/lose your keys. There is no onsite help to assist.

My first impression of the condo was so so. After reading some of the other reviews here, some people complained of the outdated decor while others said the upgrades were very nice. I assumed the building may have been upgraded. Not really the case. Each condo is individually owned with the leasing office managing the day to day stuff. So each condo will be different depending on the owners decor tastes and upgrades or lack there of. I highly recommend asking for specific photos of the inside and outside views of your particular condo. The rooms posted here on Tripadvisor are only specific to that one condo unit and not a reflection of any of the other condo units. Hence the reason I posted my specific Room.

This unit smelled clean and overall was clean. When I say clean I mean it's been dusted, floors swept, beds made, bathroom and kitchen clean. However, the lack of upgrades, wear and tear over 30 plus years, lack of attention to detail and unfinished painting gives it a less than pleasing appearance. To start with, many of the kitchen cabinet doors would not close properly because the screws needed to be tightened up. So some door hang down and won't close all the way. The kitchen tile was white with black grout. I initially thought, that's an interesting choice of color for the grout and then I looked at the tile baseboard and noticed the grout was actually a light brown. So me and my family's bare feet were walking on this black grout that's not really suppose to be black. As for the rest of the kitchen, the appliances were clean and worked properly, and there were plenty of dishware.

The master bedroom was good size with plenty of room to move around. The bed and bedding was comfortable and the room was quiet. The master bathroom was less than impressive. It was clean but just appeared beat up and tired. The walls looked pretty bad but was painted over to hide all the issues with them. On top of that, the walls had 1 coat of paint on it which didn't cover the whole wall so you can see the white pain that has bled through on all the walls. Not a big deal but just gives the room a messy look.

As for the shower, it's just a very large jacuzzi that you stand in to shower. This jacuzzi could probably hold 12 people or more. It's the largest I've ever seen indoors. But once again, like a lot of things in this condo, it just looks old and disgusting. There was black spots on the floor of the jacuzzi I'm assuming from all the standing in from people over the years. I never actually felt the need to sit in the jacuzzi so I just turned on the switch to see if it would start and I heard it come on. As for actually showering in the jacuzzi, this in and of itself is a hospital visit waiting to happen. There is a marble like step to step into the jacuzzi and then down into the jacuzzi. Here's the problem, there is no shower curtain or anything to block the water from spraying out onto the step and the floor while showering. There is also no hand rail to grab to assist in getting out. There is one on the back wall of the jacuzzi but it seems using that one makes it even harder to get in and out. So when you step to get out, you have to say a prayer and hope you don't slip on the wet step or if you opt to take a big step and step over the marble step then you're greeted with a wet floor. You could dry this off after each use or put a towel down but keep in mind you have to do your own laundry. I will provide a picture of it but I'm not sure it does it justice. The last issue I had with the master bathroom is the sliding door used for privacy. If you close the door all the way, the door gets stuck and it won't slide back into the wall pocket. It appears it comes out of it's guide. Within the first 30 mins. of being there my wife was yelling for someone to help her get out of the bathroom. After wresting with the door for a minute or so to get it to slide back into the pocket, she was rescued and I was the hero. I tried the door out several more times and each time it would do the same thing so we knew not to close the door all the way.

The second bedroom was decent size with 2 single beds. The kids slept there and they had no issues and slept well.

The only 2 things that I found to be newer and nice were the 2 leather couches in the living room and the large dining room table. Someone in our family used the pullout couch and apparently is was pretty comfortable. The living room is good size and comfortable to relax in.

Lastly, the thing I was most disappointed in was the 'oceanview' room I upgraded too. From the balcony I did see some of the ocean so technically it is a view of the ocean. It should really be labeled as a 'partial oceanview'. Our room was on the side of the building set back from two other rooms in front of us. Looking out to the left of the balcony is a view of a large apartment complex, slightly to the right of that is a road with large eye level power lines and poles, to the right of that was our view of the ocean with some palm trees obstructing the limited view we already had and to the right of the ocean was the rest of the view of our condo building. Hardly the 'oceanview' I paid more for. There were other rooms on the building that overlooked just the ocean and even some rooms facing the interior courtyard where the pool is that also had better views of the ocean.

Finally, the pool was outstanding. It is a large pool so it can hold many people though it was never really that busy when we were there. Any given day it had around 10 - 12 people laying out or swimming. The pool itself was very clean and the water was warm. The view from the pool is of the ocean so that's nice. There's also a fairly good size jacuzzi. I never got in but my father did and he said it was nice. There is also an enclosed building next to the pool that has a TV and some furniture it it. I'm not real sure what one would use this for unless you have young kids who need a break from swimming but don't want to sit outside.

As I recommended earlier, ask for specific pictures of your particular condo room assigned to you. If you care about the view and pay more for it you should see what you're paying for. Some individual condo owners have modernized their units and they look really nice. If they can't or won't provide individual pictures, it's likely an older, outdated model.

Room Tip: Ask for pictures of the specific condo room you'll be staying in. Pictures posted on Tripadvisor are not the appearance of each rental.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Booked C424 for a family vacation. We really enjoyed the condo and the location. It's far enough away from downtown to not get caught up in the night time activities, but convenient enough to enjoy all that Key West has to offer. The facilities were perfect for our family. Nice pool and grilling area were great for the kids and on site security and keyed entry was a plus for the adults. It's near the airport, however, the noise was never very noticeable. I liked having a full kitchen as opposed to a hotel so we didn't have to eat out every single meal. Having the option to cook was a big plus.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
J-RAT1, Manager at 1800 Atlantic Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Wonderful to hear thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed June 13, 2017

In late April some friends and I shared a condo at 1800 Atlantic Blvd that is owned by Patrick # A113. When we walked in, it looked as if he had just left for the day. Super clean, well appointed with the furnishings and other decor. It's a two bedroom with 2 baths and the rear bedroom has a hall door to make it a private suite. Washer and dryer, dishwasher and all the kitchen needs you could possibly want. The living room and both bedrooms had patio doors that opened to a common patio area overlooking a beautiful garden area. It is a very safe and secure complex with security on hand 24 hours that is keyed or by remote entry. Patrick was absolutely wonderful to deal with! However, he must not watch tv much as what he has supplied is far from acquitted. The second bedroom had none, and anyone with kids, knows that does not work. With all the fine appointments he has placed, the living room tv was a squinter. Now, I know most of us do not go to the keys to watch tv but there is some down time and watching the news could be part of that. Otherwise a super great stay.

Room Tip: Patricks excellent room is A113
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2017

Second stay at 1800 Atlantic Suites. Large 2b 2b unit, great ocean view & Very large pool with hot tub. Great deck for morning coffee and evening cheese and wine. Private parking under unit. Tennis courts. Private security Smathers beach just around the corner. Just a very short drive to duval st. Will stay there again.

Stayed: May 2017