“Great Pool, nicely maintained unit”

1800 Atlantic Suites
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed in C439 for a week and it worked out great for our family of 5. The unit has been recently redone and has all the amenities that we needed. The pool was awesome. It is very large and there are tons of noodles to float around on. Even with a lot of people there, it never felt crowded. There is a huge hot tub. There is a rocky but, sandy beach right next to the pool. You can not swim there but, you can sit in a lounge chair with a book and listen to the waves and enjoy the view. Complex is right next to Smathers beach where you can walk over to swim to enjoy many water activities. The rental company was terrific - helped us with questions and our internet access. The only negative is that you do get quite a bit of street noise but, that is the case with most of key west.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool would be quieter and get more sun on balcony
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Momofthreekkr
J-RAT1, General Manager at 1800 Atlantic Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Glad you had a great time at our property. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Management of All Florida Keys

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at this property over the Thanksgiving holiday in Unit 213 Good location, close to Smather's Beach. Very nice spa, well kept and clean pool.

This was one "tired" apartment, they must be renting this unit 24/7. Linens were old, worn and bed pillows were disgusting, urine stains and odor on mattress, lack of hangers. Decorated in the 80's Very poor WiFi quality. Old, cheap, and sticky patio furniture. Would be embarrassed to own this unit. Would never provide my guests with these accommodations, let alone charge money! Please update this unit!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank mschabs
J-RAT1, Manager at 1800 Atlantic Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

I am sorry you had this experience. You did contact me the day before you left but mentioned nothing about the décor and lines at this time, nor the wireless connection. I wish we would have heard from you upon your arrival as we try our best to rectify our guests problems if they have any. You rented from the Owner and I will notify him of the issues you had. They come down on a regular basis and make improvements to the unit. All the linens and towels had been replaced within the last year so I am surprised you had an issue with that. Also the unit was totally renovated in 2010 with new Kitchen and bathrooms. All furniture was new within the last 4 years so nothing was 80's décor. People's taste is obviously varies.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We rented a condo unit at 1800 Atlantic thru VRBO and dealt directly with the owners who were attentive, easy to work with and readily available for any questions before our arrival. Apparently a few concerns listed in our review on VRBO were not taken well as that review was never published there. I am always confident my review on tripadvisor will be published as long as we are fair and honest. We had been warned about the construction going on there when we booked our stay, and were told it was nearing completion. When we pulled up, it was very evident the work was no where near completion, as heavy construction was in full swing. it really did not bother us much though, the work was done during the day when we were touring. The workers were always very polite. It did make entering the garage and enjoying the outdoor amenities difficult though. Even though construction was ongoing near the pool, it was kept clean and inviting, as was the hot tub. Apparently the construction, as well as the timing of our visit kept the crowds down, as we rarely saw other people in the common areas or pool. The condo had a great balcony and view of the ocean, we spent a lot of time out there, enjoyed breakfast in the morning looking at the ocean. The condo seemed to need a good cleaning, especially the kitchen which needed updating. There were tiny ants all over the counter tops, which seemed to be remedied by wiping the kitchen counters off. The appliances were in good working order, but should have been cleaner. There was a smell of old grease in the kitchen, we had planned on cooking some meals at the condo, but only did twice as it was not very inviting. The condo was comfortable otherwise. We had to make a special trip to buy laundry detergent and dishwashing soap as we were required to wash linens and dishes and none was provided. It makes me nervous to think that renters are responsible for doing laundry with no detergent provided, as you cannot be sure how well the linens were cleaned with no supervision of cleaning personnel. The basics - air cond, hot water, internet, etc - all worked well. While there is no direct beach access here, a short walk around the block provides access to Smathers beach. A bike/car/taxi is needed to visit down town and most attractions, although we walked everywhere, probably about 5-6 miles total per day! We would be very anxious to see the building when renovations are completed, our stay was comfortable despite a few minor issues.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelfanmok
J-RAT1, Manager at 1800 Atlantic Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I would like to be very clear that a unit you rented through VRBO should be posted to that individual Owners VRBO account. We manage several units in the building for individual owners. However I don't think you stayed in one of our units as we provide laundry detergent and dishwashing detergent, trash bags and bar soap. All of our guests have been informed that the construction is ongoing through October 2013.
1800 is an Awesome property and will be even more spectacular once the work has been completed.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed in Unit A109, from 9/18-9/22, which was not the unit we rented. Upon arrival we were told we were being moved to a different unit, which alarmed me at first, but once we were in the unit, I couldn't have been happier with it, as it was much nicer than the unit I had expected! The condo was beautifully decorated, and exceeded our expectations. Every thing we needed was there including several beach towels (a couple days worth, and then some)! We were a little leary due to the construction that was going on, but actually only heard it one morning. I have stayed here previously, and once again, everything about our stay was perfect! We traveled with our good friends who have never been to Key West before. She owns a cleaning company, so I was worried that it wouldn't meet her high standards, but she had no complaints other than one ceiling fan needed dusting. She liked it so much that she told me when she returns to KW, this is where she wants to stay next time, which surprised me since there are sooo many choices for lodging. She loved everything about it! We had a great time here, an especially enjoyed the balconies and pool area. Also, the location is away from the craziness of Duval street, so it's nice to have some peace and quiet when you return back to your room. Security is really on the ball here as well, making sure no one is disturbed by loud guests. I love being able to walk to the beaches also.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

From reading reviews, we were aware of the construction. It was mainly on the west side of the complex during the hours of 8am to approximately 4:30pm. It didn't really bother us. During the day we were out and about either in Old Town or on the beach. We returned to the pool area in the afternoon, and it was somewhat loud at times, but we were having too much fun to notice. The pool is very nice, clean, and sizeable. We enjoyed the extra large hot tub, too. The restrooms by the pool featured a shower and sauna. Our unit 417 was modern, clean, with a roomy balcony patio with a view of the ocean and the pool/gardens. The kitchen was recently remodeled and had all the amenities. The floor plan was spacious with an open concept.
The only hiccup in our stay was when workmen showed up one morning at our unit to finish trim work on our balcony sliding doors. We should had been notified when we checked in that they would be entering our unit. However, they were friendly and efficient, but we should have been notified since we were getting ourselves ready to go to the beach. Smathers Beach is very close; a 5-minute walk, and a very nice beach with access to kayaks, sailboats, etc. We also walked to Old Town (about 2.5 miles). The Overseas Heritage Trail runs right by 1800. It's very easy to rent bikes & scooters. We used WECycle.

Room Tip: 3rd & 4th Floors are the best for a view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DebbieDeb50
J-RAT1, Manager at 1800 Atlantic Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our property. Sorry to hear that you were disrupted during your stay. The communication with the construction work could be improved and we were not notified that they needed to enter your unit, we would most definitely have contacted you.
Glad you had a great time in Key West. We are very much looking forward to the end of this project.
Please try us again.

Management

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Well to start...nowhere on booking.com did it mention anything about the construction. Once booked the confirmation email stated the construction and the mess that the property had going on. But by then already charged and no way out of the deal as it states if canceling within 30 days deposit is lost. So I wasn't going to lose over 500 to cancel so we went through with it. When we arrived we expected the worse with the construction but it turned out not too bad, at the end of the day we were off the property while the work was going on so no big deal. The property itself was pretty nice with construction going on and all, great view of the fireworks for the fourth. The apartment has huge potential but an overall disappointment. The c327 we stayed in has a great layout but outdated design, has all the great amenities but not appetizing because of the cleanliness...or lack there of from the coffee maker, microwave all the additional kitchen "gear" was awesome to have available but not appetizing to use because overall dirty. The same goes for the rest of the apartment. Enormous jacuzzi but needs to be redone! I mean to go on vacation and have to use shower shoes to bathe because of the mold on all the jets, and around the sealant not what you call a great inviting stay. This place needs what we call in the military a "field day" and cleaned from top to bottom, excess dust and dirt all over the place really takes away of the great opportunity for a great vacation getaway...I could go on but enough said, ohh and please inform your prospective guests that they are required to clean the sheets before they depart and do the dishes and that there is no house keeping services for the duration of your stay....I mean I'm on vacation I fix my bed everyday at home, looking for a break while I'm away, didn't happen...I'm not mad at the management or the owners for their business I just wish I was informed at what I was getting into, would rather have paid 100 bucks a night for a smaller but cleaner and more vacationer friendly hotel...

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bsuarez1021
J-RAT1, Manager at 1800 Atlantic Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

We are sorry you had these issues with our property. I wish we had known of this situation when you were here so we could have rectified it.
Booking.com have been fully informed regarding the construction and it listed on their site, however I have asked them several times to make it more visible.
Please try us again. I will give you a discount and free upgrade to compensate you for the problems you had with housekeeping. I am passing this on to our Housekeeping Manager so she can address this.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Shana C
J-RAT1, Manager at 1800 Atlantic Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013