“true love!”

Ranked #8 of 447 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: We serve up delicious Cuban coffee, breakfast, and lunch fare to a large following of fans here in Key West. Come in the morning for Café con Leche or a Cuban Chocolate Mocha, and make sure to grab some breakfast too. Try favorites such as our Key Wester, which is two eggs, cheese, and your choice of ham, bacon, sausage, or pork roll sandwiched between two delicious pieces of pressed Cuban bread. It’s fantastic!Are you ready for lunch? Try our Famous Tuna Burger, our Turkey Club, or the Havana Rice & Beans. If you want to go lighter, order one of our freshly made salads or one of our delicious smoothies made with sweet tropical fruits.We also deliver! Cuban Coffee Queen is open every day, from 6:30 until sunset. Don’t forget to grab a T-shirt or hat while you’re at Cuban Coffee Queen. You’ll wish you had when you see folks walking around town with our famous memorabilia.
“true love!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

amazing food and an every morning stop! made the trip
food a little slow but my sandwich was worth it

Marius V, Owner at Cuban Coffee Queen, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We're so glad it's true love! Thanks for supporting our little coffee shack. I'm happy we made your trip even better. We hope to see you back here in the future!

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
League City, Texas
“JUST GO!!!!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I cannot believe that I waited so long to try this place. Doesn't look like much from the outside. Basically a walk up stand with a few benches to sit at while you wait. Do not let the appearance fool you. These guys make awesome fresh food! I had the turkey club and was by far the best sandwich I have ever had. EVER! The toasted Cuban bread was so fresh. I am hooked! I did find that it took awhile to get my order. This is not "fast food" but quality, made to order food. Grab a seat in the shade and be patient. It is well worth the wait.

Marius V, Owner at Cuban Coffee Queen, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We're glad you finally found us! You're right — we don't look like much, but we sure know how to make a sandwich. We always want our customers to have a truly unique experience, so the fact that you're "hooked" is awesome to hear! We look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Be well,
Maitland, Florida
“I must have gone on an off day”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Wow.
Were to begin....
This place was rated #10 on Tripadvisor so I came with high expectations.
All my Cuban life I've been eating Cuban Sandwiches but I've never had a Cubano experience like this.

First: 5 minutes at a takeout joint counter before I could ask for a sandwich?
Second: nowhere to sit and enjoy my order. It was crowded but 3 benches?? Come on...
Third: To my dismay, there was lettuce and tomatoes with LOTS of mayo and mustard and the sandwich tasted like a Big Mac!!!

Mi Gente, if you put crisp lettuce and ripe tomato on the sandwich and press it as it should be, you end up with a soggy mess!
But I was hungry so I removed the offensive L&T and the sandwich was edible, just not enjoyable.

On the plus side
The bread was good and so was the pork.
The small bag of plantain chips was a nice touch.

My wife's iced coffee received kudos as she thoroughly enjoyed the ice cubes made with coffee.
I should've just had the coffee.

Marius V, Owner at Cuban Coffee Queen, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks for this honest review. It's a shame that you had a disappointing experience with us. We're always looking to put a smile on our customers' faces, so I'll definitely take note of your comments.

I'm sorry you were turned off by the lettuce and tomatoes. We let our customers know what's in each sandwich so that they can make modifications as necessary. We'd never want you to eat something you didn't enjoy!

I do hope you will give us another shot. We're confident we can really "wow" you next time!

Cheers,
Marius, Owner
“Top turn A rightful queen”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Had the Cuban bagel with some turkey and the best coffee ever !
I will come by when we are here from London next time
A great find !

Marius V, Owner at Cuban Coffee Queen, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We're so glad you think we are a "rightful queen"! Thanks for this great feedback. Excellent call on our Cuban Bagel — always a crowd favorite. Next time you're back on our side of the pond, we'd love to see you!

Memphis, Tennessee
“Not too bad”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

For key west this place is pretty good. Coffee was OK (using my judgement based on Miami Cuban coffee) but pricey for what you get.... Then again if you factor that the place is in a heavy tourist area that adds to the cost. Mostly tourist there but a few of us part time conchs there too...

Marius V, Owner at Cuban Coffee Queen, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thanks for your honesty. We're always looking to "wow" our customers, so the fact that you thought our coffee was just "ok" is a little disappointing to hear. In what ways is our Cuban coffee different than what you've tasted in Miami? We'd love any more feedback you have for us. Next time you're back in Key West, we'd love to get the chance to really impress you!