Review Highlights
July Tarpon - Highly Recommend!!!!

Had a great time fishing on Pepe's Charters with Captain Alex. We were on fish within 30 minutes... read more

Reviewed July 24, 2019
mtokw
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Fishing Trip

Had an awesome day with Pepe. His knowledge of the fish, especially tarpon, when and how they... read more

Reviewed June 9, 2019
GrandTour827084
via mobile

All reviews fishing trip catch fish cobia his knowledge spanish mackerel great captain captain alex tarpon boat dock
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2015 via mobile

Captain Pepe rocks! We caught 6 huge sharks. Best fishing trip I've ever been on! It was like shark week. The sharks were swarming the boat. Pepe is very knowledgeable and it shows. You can' t go wrong with captain Pepe!

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed July 27, 2015

If you want to go fishing in Key West, you can't go wrong with Capt. Pepe! I doubt you will find a more knowledgeable fishing guide in the Keys. His equipment is top notch. We went shark fishing and had a blast. All the 5 star ratings you see are not by accident. He truly cares about his business and his customers. Whether you're a novice or an expert fisherman, I highly recommend Pepe's Charters!

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed June 22, 2015

Captain Pepe needs to change his name to Captain Awesome!!
My wife and I had been fishing only a couple of times before going down to Key West for our 25th anniversary. We could not have had a better experience with Captain Pepe.
We thought we were going to fish for red snapper or smaller fish, but ended up going shark fishing. My wife caught a 5-6 foot lemon shark and I hauled in a 7-8 foot lemon shark as well.
The boat was in immaculate condition and Captain Pepe kept us entertained with fishing stories all afternoon. I cannot recommend Captain Pepe enough for couples or families. It was a perfect morning/afternoon and my wife is now “hooked” on going out fishing again and “battling” with another shark or big fish.
Captain Pepe went above and beyond the call of duty with his hospitality and easy going nature. He was a consummate professional and a generous and thoughtful teacher for both of us and it made the experience one we’ll remember for the rest of our lives.

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed June 11, 2015 via mobile

We had a blast with Capt. Pepe! Put us on fish and was fun to talk too!!! Highly recommend booking a trip with him, you won't be disappointed!

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed May 27, 2015

My wife and I had the great pleasure of fishing with the Best Captain in KeyWest three times in May. As everyone else has said the boat is super clean, tackle is in first class shape, and the Positive Vibe Captain Pepe puts off makes everything seem "just right'. The first day we went out fishing we were able to go slightly offshore to a recently wrecked Tug Boat, and my Wife caught an amazing Permit on a live crab. The battle took about 20 minutes and a fish around 16lbs was boated. That same day we went inshore in search of Tarpon and had double digit hookups to end up with 4 to the boat ranging from 60 to 80 lbs. We also caught a beautiful Black Grouper around 15lbs and several Mangrove snapper that all went home with the Captain and us. Great first day. The next two days the wind kept us in the harbour area, but the Tarpon did not mind. We hooked 8 tarpon one over a 100 that broke off after 45 minutes. Got two to the boat that day both around 80lbs. The last day the Wind blew even harder, but we still managed to hookup 7 tarpon, both me and my wife fight giants for over 45 minutes only to lose both to well placed sailboat anchor lines and Pesky Coast Guard Boat Docks LOL. Captain took us to a shark hole after we caught a 15lb barracuda while tarppn fishing. He just kept eating too many of our mangrove snappers for his own good. The shark came within 5 minutes we had three nice Lemons around the boat. In total we ended up with 8 nice size lemon sharks and one giant Nurse shark. I caught one of the Lemons around 100 lbs and my wife did the same. While we were playing with the Sharks the Ceviche King was doing his magic. Before you knew it we had the best, freshest ceviche in the area I guarantee. Captain Pepe you are a Rockstar and we only hope you continue to guide in the KeyWest area, for selfish reasons of course. Thanks til next time Keith and Tina

Date of experience: May 2015