Review Highlights
July Tarpon - Highly Recommend!!!!

Had a great time fishing on Pepe's Charters with Captain Alex. We were on fish within 30 minutes... read more

Reviewed July 24, 2019
mtokw
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Fishing Trip

Had an awesome day with Pepe. His knowledge of the fish, especially tarpon, when and how they... read more

Reviewed June 9, 2019
GrandTour827084
via mobile

All reviews fishing trip catch fish his knowledge great company captain alex tarpon boat dock
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2015 via mobile

We had a blast with Capt. Pepe! Put us on fish and was fun to talk too!!! Highly recommend booking a trip with him, you won't be disappointed!

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed May 27, 2015

My wife and I had the great pleasure of fishing with the Best Captain in KeyWest three times in May. As everyone else has said the boat is super clean, tackle is in first class shape, and the Positive Vibe Captain Pepe puts off makes everything seem "just right'. The first day we went out fishing we were able to go slightly offshore to a recently wrecked Tug Boat, and my Wife caught an amazing Permit on a live crab. The battle took about 20 minutes and a fish around 16lbs was boated. That same day we went inshore in search of Tarpon and had double digit hookups to end up with 4 to the boat ranging from 60 to 80 lbs. We also caught a beautiful Black Grouper around 15lbs and several Mangrove snapper that all went home with the Captain and us. Great first day. The next two days the wind kept us in the harbour area, but the Tarpon did not mind. We hooked 8 tarpon one over a 100 that broke off after 45 minutes. Got two to the boat that day both around 80lbs. The last day the Wind blew even harder, but we still managed to hookup 7 tarpon, both me and my wife fight giants for over 45 minutes only to lose both to well placed sailboat anchor lines and Pesky Coast Guard Boat Docks LOL. Captain took us to a shark hole after we caught a 15lb barracuda while tarppn fishing. He just kept eating too many of our mangrove snappers for his own good. The shark came within 5 minutes we had three nice Lemons around the boat. In total we ended up with 8 nice size lemon sharks and one giant Nurse shark. I caught one of the Lemons around 100 lbs and my wife did the same. While we were playing with the Sharks the Ceviche King was doing his magic. Before you knew it we had the best, freshest ceviche in the area I guarantee. Captain Pepe you are a Rockstar and we only hope you continue to guide in the KeyWest area, for selfish reasons of course. Thanks til next time Keith and Tina

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed April 22, 2015

We had a great day with Pepe. He knew right where to go to get go the most action. Highly recommend. We hooked a Tarpin the first line of the day.

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed April 16, 2015 via mobile

Went tarpon fishing 4/16/15 capt pepe is professional knowledgable and fun! Exciting day! I've been on many charters in the past, will only be on his in the future a must!! Call ahead for reservations he's always busy!!

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed March 29, 2015

My husband and I spent a half day fishing with Captain Pepe! We had a wonderful time! Although luck was not on our side that day, Pepe worked hard to make sure we had enough excitement and that we had something to take home. Pepe was very knowledgeable and friendly and we enjoyed our time with him. He also gave us many tips for what to do on shore as it was our first time in Key West. We will definitely book another fishing trip with him the next time we are in Key West!

Date of experience: November 2014