“Best fishing experience in my life”
Review of Pepe's Charters

Pepe's Charters
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Best fishing experience in my life”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hooked up with pepe by recommendation by a family friend. My bothers and our dad went down to key west for a guys weekend trip. Haven't tried any other key west charters but I already know pepe provides the best experience by far. He's a genuinely nice guy and a fishing expert. He knows all the popular spots where he brought us early in the morning before anyone else got there. Then brought us to his secret spots once the other boats started to arrive. We only went home with 4 keepers but I myself lost 3 good snappers. we caught a few good groupers but had to throw them back since its not grouper season. That's the best thing about pepe; he respects the ocean. We pulled in a nice cobia that was borderline legal size to keep. Pepe pulled it on by hand instead of gaffing to be sure it was legal. Ended up being half an inch short. Although it would be good eating, it felt good to be with a captain who respects the ocean enough to take those measures to follow the rules. And even though we only went home with 4 keepers (that pepe cleaned for us in minutes right on the boat) the experience was priceless. Pulled in a baby shark, watched a 9 foot tiger shark swim right by the boat as we pulled in a snapper, and hung out like he was a long time friends who happened to know a lot more about fishing than any of us. We brought our own sandwiches and drinks but he had snacks and a cooler full of gatorade and soda ready to go. One of the greatest memories I'll ever have with my dad and brothers. Ended up seeing pepe and his wife and kids at a restaurant in town later that night. Bottom line: charter with pepe. you'll have the time of your life, catch some dinner, and leave key west knowing you have a friend there for the next time you visit. And you'll want to visit again.

Visited January 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Serious no-frills fishing for serious fisher- persons”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

If you want excellent guiding for results (Mahi, sailfish, grouper, yellow tail- all catch and release except the Mahi-Mahi) Pepe is your man. Be aware there are NO bathroom facilities on board and NO food except Gatorade and water. 27 foot boat with no shade necessitates sun block and adequate skin covering. Pepe is a philosopher and you will return by beginning most sentences with "Pepe says...." Totally worth it just remember to prepare for no frills.

Visited November 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Fun Fishing and more fun”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

If you book Pepe you will catch fish and you will have a great time doing it. He got us on fish when the conditions weren't the greatest. We caught fish anyway. Caught my first shark also. Pepe is an excellent Captain and just as important, he is a good honest man.

Visited December 2013
Miami, Florida
“The best attraction in keywest!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

First time in Keywest and my family and I booked many activities and many of them did not meet our expectations.
Pepe exceeded our expectations with his knowledge and enthusiasm for fishing.
Fish on with Pepe!!

Visited November 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Quality time!!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Once again Pepe exceeded our expectations!! Great fishing, great company, time well spent!!
Can't go wrong with Pepe.

Visited July 2013