“Paris in key west”

La Creperie French Cafe
Ranked #45 of 451 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Crêperie Bretonne, with a French accent and an open mind too ! The majority of our products are 100% natural, organic and GMO free. However, as we are the southermost island of Florida, we sometimes run into product availability issues. Thoughtful substitutions may occur in this instance. Enjoy, Kénavo.
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Guava and cream cheese crepe was beautiful. That's the only way to describe the delicately balanced pink Slices of guava oozing from cream cheese. Also ordered the smoked salmon galette. Overloaded with nice thick pieces of smoked salmon, with the Lemon chive sauce was just a bit too salty for me. Nice place for a mid morning brunch, no crowds and off the beaten path. Would go back .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

La Creperie is small, hot, crowded and cramped and the food is well worth all the small, hot, crowded, cramped irritants. My family and I have shared many breakfasts at La Creperie as we sample each others selections from the huge variety of crepes available. The (1) brie and smoked salmon, and (2) the goat cheese and tomato with pesto and two of my favorite non-sweet selections while the (1) Nutella and banana and the (2) assorted fresh fruit with raspberry coulis are favorite sweet selections. La Creperie also offers excellent homemade ice cream, fresh grilled paninis, and the Island's Best Espresso. Here are 2 things to keep in mind. 1. They only accept cash. (2) Parking can be difficult. You may have to circle the surrounding blocks to find a parking spot (or better yet, just walk).

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Julie is an excellent cook!! Everyone is warm and welcoming.. CASH ONLY, but who travel without cash..Watch her make your crepes, sit outside, wonderful meal!!!!! Not to miss this little spot when you visit Key West!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I absolutely love crepes, and we always look for restaurants that specialize in crepes when we go on vacation. We stopped in for a somewhat late lunch and decided to split a galette and a crepe. We were one of the only customers at that time, so we had our choice of seats. We chose to sit outside along Petronia Street. The service was prompt, friendly, and attentive.

The chicken and goat cheese galette was very flavorful. Even my wife, who doesn't particularly like sandwiches, enjoyed it. The real star of the show, however, was our Nutella-banana-strawberry crepe. It was a pretty large crepe and it was absolutely PACKED with our fillings of choice. The chunks of fresh bananas and strawberries were mixed with a thick layer of Nutella between perfectly cooked, delicious crepe batter "pancakes." I also ordered a mixed fresh fruit smoothie that was very good. We thoroughly enjoyed all three items that we ordered from the menu.

Although we enjoyed our meal, we thought that the prices were a little high. The crepe and galette were each over $10 and the smoothie was $7 or $8. We thought each item should have been about $2 less, but these prices are pretty consistent with what we payed for food throughout Key West.

As others have mentioned, they only take cash, so come prepared. I think this is the first restaurant that I've been to in the U.S. in years that didn't take credit or debit cards. Somewhat ridiculous.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

A quaint little place on the island that's worth making a stop off! The menu was large and I wish I could have tried one of everything.

Great service, value, and atmosphere!