“Best oysters in Key West!”
Review of White Tarpon Deli

White Tarpon Deli
Ranked #152 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The white tarpon is hard to find, but hand down they have the best Oysters on the Island! They are huge and tasty and always $.50/oyster unlike places right next door that charge $2/oyster.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Happen to stumble into this place on my first night in key west.
I was very pleased with the friendliness of the bartender ( Ray) and how he made us feel very welcomed and was very tentative at making sure we were doing fine on our drinks that evening.
Price at bar were the best I found on the island and place was very relaxing to be at and made me feel right at home.
On my trip I went back several times to enjoy the atmosphere and friendly staff, great prices, great time!
When I return will certainly return again to the white tarpon !

Reviewed January 1, 2013

You have to look a bit to find the White Tarpon, but it has always been one of my favorite places in Key West. The bar drink prices are very reasonable, but even better, you can purchase a bottle of wine or champagne from the deli and drink it there.

The crowd tends to be a bit older...late 50s and up. It also seems to consist of retired business men and their wives who are in town on vacation: not exactly the crazy drunken lot that stumble to most other Key West bars. Still, there are also enough locals mixed in to maintain a hint of the island flavor.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

You would not know that the best and original Key Lime Martini came from this small bar/deli. It is definitely a drink you will want to try when in Key West, even if you are not a martini drinker! I don't even care of Key Lime but these martinis are superb!!!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

The pulled chicken sandwich was great! Fresh white meat with bacon, shredded green apple, and brie... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it again. The Cuban sandwich was also good. Next door at the bar there were $2.50 bottled beers, and we took our sandwiches and beers to the little counter overlooking the marina. Sandwiches and beers for two ran us $20., which was quite reasonable for being in the thick of the tourist area.

1  Thank Stephen W