“Inviting laid back atmosphere and good food.”
Review of Daddy Bones BBQ - CLOSED

Daddy Bones BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: We specialize in pit cooked wood fired BBQ with traditional homemade southern style sides . Dine in , take out or free delivery . Lots of cold beer and the best smoke in the keys !
“Inviting laid back atmosphere and good food.”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were exploring the island and found this place set back off the road a bit. The employees were very friendly and even offered a discount for being a concealed weapons permit holder. They had offered a military discount as well which sadly a lot of places don't seem to do anymore! The food was pretty good as well. The only thing that could stand to change was they advertised cold beer, but were having a setback with obtaining the liquor license. Hopefully that will be fixed soon! Worth stopping by and grabbing lunch/dinner!

• Visited May 2014

Insjon, Sweden
“Great BBQ, the rest sux”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The ribs were fantastic. The lady who served us hopefully just had a very bad day. There was no beer (!), and the coke/water smelled and tasted chlorine. Plastic utensils, bad cole slaw in a plastic mug. Never again.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank P C
ttreegod, Manager at Daddy Bones BBQ, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
I am confused by your review? First off our coke fountain is broke we are pouring coke outta 2 liter bottles till coke fixes it. Second we don't serve anything in a plastic mug sides are served in paper boats? As for the plastic service utensils YEP that's how its done at real BBQ joints in America! Glad you enjoyed the ribs tho!
Palm Harbor, Florida
“"Excellent!"”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

It is the best food I've eaten anywhere in along time! Memphis dry rub ribs were excellent. The Angus double cheeseburger was to die for! Best cheeseburger I've eaten anywhere. Their truly unique cole slaw was the best I've ever eaten! Uniquely seasoned greens were delicious. My husband and I discovered Daddy Bones while staying at the Fairfield Inn next door. We ate there about four times in three days. Prices are very reasonable. Mike and Patty are awesome folks. I will surely miss their food...

• Visited April 2014
ttreegod, General Manager at Daddy Bones BBQ, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you so much for you Very loyal patronage while you were here! As your review reflects Myself and patti jo and I go above and beyond to supply awesome bbq and BEST service you can possibly get in key west. its Nice when its really appreciated ! Thank you!
Washington DC
“Decent BBQ. Generous portions.”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I'm just spoiled by awesome BBQ. This place was good though- and with only high end restaurants and chains it was nice to get something casual and original. Brisket was good.

Visited April 2014
South Florida, Florida
“Good, not great”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

They were out of ribs so I had the pulled pork sandwich. I found out I got the last of that. It was okay.... but the saving grace was the spicy bbq sauce which made it a lot better. French fries were very good.

I'd eat here again though just to try the ribs. They shouldn't run out of pulled pork and ribs at 730 on a Friday evening.

Visited April 2014
ttreegod, General Manager at Daddy Bones BBQ, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
sorry about running low! our smoker is only so big and we are extremely popular pork brisket cook over 16 hrs if it gets low at luncxh we cannot fix it quickly.As for shouldn't run out well we sell fresh smoked meat everyday no reheats ever. its a bit expensive but is one of the things that make us number 1 bbq in key west! please do come back for the ribs!