“Best Memphis barbeque”

Daddy Bones BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: We specialize in pit cooked wood fired BBQ with traditional homemade southern style sides . Dine in , take out or free delivery . Lots of cold beer and the best smoke in the keys !
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife, daughter and I were looking for a place to eat away from the hustle and bustle of Duval street and something different than seafood. We were pleasantly surprised when we found Daddy Bones barbeque. The staff was very friendly and quickly took our order after we walked in. My wife and I each ordered the Memphis rib platter with two sides. The platters were $17.99 each and the servings were huge! Coming from a family who owned a barbeque restaurant in west Tennessee I was not expecting to find barbeque this good in Key west. A very pleasant surprise. Generous portions, good sides and service.The spicy sauce was a bit much for me but I loved the sweet sauce. We will add this to our list each year when we go to Key West.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food was most excellent and the service was outstanding thanks to Genie she was great! We will be back!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

What a soulless place. Can't imagine why anyone would want to eat there. We had take away and the food was not freshly cooked

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We happened into the restaurant - it is not among the main restaurants. There is a sign inside that reads, "enter a stranger, leave as a friend." It felt like that for us! Family of four for BBQ- loved it! The BEST sweet potato fries you'll ever find - anywhere and we've tried many. Amazing corn bread. I'm not a meat lover, but this was excellent BBQ. We would love to go back.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Daddy Bones is small and understated but the food is anything but! The Memphis-style dry rub ribs were as good as the ones I had in Memphis last year and the homemade sauces are to die off. Mac n cheese is a little gritty for my taste (reason for the 4 stars) but the flavor was nice. The meat was well-flavored and smoky with just the right amount of fat. The staff was very friendly and the owner spent some time talking to our table between customers. If you are looking for a change of pace from the seafood heavy Key West menus, head over for some delicious BBQ at Daddy Bones.