“Great Adventure - Entertaining & knowledgable staff”

Lazy Dog Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Key West Mangrove Kayak Eco Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 hour guided kayak tour, 4 hour guide kayak/snorkel tour, kayak rentals, stand up paddleboard rentals. Complimentary Shuttle available for tours!Our 2 hour tour explores the shallow, calm waters and mangrove habitats between Key West and Stock Island. Beginners welcome!!the 4 hour tour explores more remote back country areas and includes snorkeling.Kayak rentals available with map of the area included.No waves? No problem. Stand up paddleboarding is great fun!!!!
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Booked this as an excursion on our cruise stop. From the time we boarded the courtesy shuttle the Lazy Dog staff were entertaining and informative, giving us a brief tour of town, pointing out spots we might want to visit before heading back to our ship. When we arrived at the Lazy Dog dock we went through a quick lesson on paddling and safety, then set out. We had never kayaked before, but had no problem navigating the calm waters of the canals and bays on the tour. Our guides Kelly & Dave were awesome, stopping at several spots to explore and share the wildlife with us. I would highly recommend this tour to novice and avid kayakers alike. Lots to see, great value for the price.

All reviews
in 84 reviews
"mangrove trees"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The friendly staff picked my partner and I up at our B&B and drove us to their location. I paddle boarded and my partner kayaked. Our guide was very knowledgable of the local ecosystem. We made frequent stops to explore our surroundings. We saw a rare white pelican, a sea cucumber, star fish, jelly fish, a nurse shark, several conch and a manatee! Overall, an excellent experience. The only negative thing I would say is at the end of our tour our guide asked for gratuities and specified an amount. We certainly were planning on leaving a gratuity, but it was a bit uncomfortable. Perhaps, there is another way staff could approach this. Maybe a sign.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Arrived at scheduled rental time with tickets from the Navy MWR office pre-paid for 2, 2 person kayaks for 1/2 day. The ticket had a 2 on it for 2 kayaks. The clerk said it was for 2 people not 2 kayaks. Why would 2 people rent 2, 2 person kayaks? There were 4 of us there. I asked her to call the MWR office which see wouldn't because it's always per person. I rented the same kayaks 3 weeks earlier with other friends and no problems. I knew she was mistaken. I went and got my receipt and she didn't even want to see it. She was rude and said if thats what they told you then I'll honor it. I said I paid for 2 kayaks. She was not a pleasnt person and started the trip off on a bad note. I did go to the Navy MWR office and report the incident and they quickly called Lazy Dog and informed them that the our tickets were proper and the Lazy Dog attendent was incorrect. There are many other kayak rental places in and around Key West and I'll try them out in the future.

3  Thank keywestsb
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great kayak experience, very interesting and funy, we took it from carnival victory and it was awesome, next time we'd take it again.