“Great Local Scooter Rental and Great People”
Review of Blue Sky Rentals

Blue Sky Rentals
Ranked #122 of 304 Outdoor Activities in Key West
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed a week in Key West and decided to rent a scooter for one day. We went right down the street and were lucky enough to get Lily to help us. She has a great personality and was a real local treasure. She did a good job explaining how to operate the scooter (it had been a LONG time) and we had a great time exploring the city. We came back and she even took pictures of us on the scooter. I would very highly recommend this company and Lily and Billy to anyone visiting Key West.

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We rented from Blue Sky Rentals for a day and Jessie let us keep the overnight for 5.00 more. He did give us headlights for the bikes and then made many wonderful suggestions of places to go, things to see, places to eat! We particularly like his off the beaten track reccommendations! So great to get away from the touristy traps around Duval!

On a side note, Jessie told us to call if we wanted to keep the bikes overnight, so I called the number. A not so friendly woman said she would relay the message to Jessie. We went back to get our headlights and Jessie never got the message. Jessie is really an asset to the people working this plate. They should show him respect and allow him to communicate directly with customers.

Other than that, it was a fine experience. We'd rent again from Jessie in a heartbeat... But probably shop around if he is gone.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed right next door to these guys and thought they would be great to rent from. Boy was I wrong. The woman working there rented one of us a scooter then said that they weren't good enough at driving it to take it off the lot. You would think she would just refund the money since no rental was received, but instead went off on a story about how she was getting divorced and that she is having a hard time in her life right now. She kept saying that it is against their policy to refund someone when they refuse the service, but she couldn't show us where that policy was stated. She kept claiming she verbally conveyed that message, but we know that she did not. They offered to transfer the rental to someone else, but no one else wanted to rent. The whole experience ruined one of our days in paradise. There are so many other rental places, whatever you do don't go here. absolutely TERRIBLE!!!

4  Thank Marley S
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We talked to several rental companies before we arrived in Key West and the some more after we arrived and their prices and conditions were ridiculous. Then I found Blue Sky Rentals on Duval Street and from the moment I walked in, I knew that I had found a great company to deal with.
As we were staying for at least a week and needing an electric car, I asked them for a 'long term' rate and they were very accommodating - I was very pleased with their charged and that they held an imprint of my credit card for any damages and did not precharge by card like almost every other company wanted to do.
They invited me to park the car there overnight for a recharge if I wanted (did so 3 times) and every time I did, they had cleaned and detailed the car for us.
I have rented electric cars before that after 10 miles are weezing and need a recharge but our 2 seater had brand new gell batteries and we did a couple of 10 mile trips back and forth across the island and still had plenty of juice left - so they obviously look after their equipment.

They also rent scooters and bicycles.

If you need an electric car while in Key West then go and have a chat with them - you will be very pleased that you did.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We rented bicycles there, the guy checking us in was really cool but he never gave us a headlight for our bicycles and we got pulled over by the Police for it! How embarrassing. We didn't get a ticket but they took our IDs and ran our names. Never should have happened, they should have offered us a light for the bicycles.