“Excellent food; great service”
Review of Blackfin Bistro

Blackfin Bistro
Ranked #49 of 459 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We have visited this restaurant twice during different trips to Key West and it's 2 for 2! The menu is varied and the specials are inventive. The service was very good and prices are reasonable for Key West. We sat inside but they have a cute little courtyard in the back which we'll try next time. We can highly recommend Blackfin Bistro -- you will love it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,548)

Reviewed March 18, 2014

After an evening of celebrating St. Patrick's Day at Finnegan's Wake Irish Pub, our group of eight decided it was time for some real food. My experience with most Key West restaurants has been fried fish and pub grub. As the Luck of the Irish was with us, we wandered into Blackfin Bistro for dinner. What a revelation! Eight dinners, all good.
I started off with escargot, served out of the shell with mushrooms, as did others of our group. Excellent! I then had the daily special, pan seared scallops in a vanilla orange cream sauce. Momma mia, if you will pardon mixing languages. Others at the table also had and loved this dish. I can honestly say all eight diners were happy and impressed with their meals. The wine list is a little pricy, but we had a nice Muscadet for $40.00, not bad for a French wine at Key West prices. If you enjoy Continental food and need to eat in Key West, this is the spot.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The food is delicious, I really enjoyed my birthday lunch there! We asked several appetizers and all of them were yummy, specially the Maine Lobster Rolls and the Sautéed Calamari.
highly recommended.

1  Thank energizergirl
Reviewed March 16, 2014

What a great little find in the midst of the craziness of Duval Street. The place looks small from the storefront, but there's an outdoor seating garden in the back that is adorable and comfortable. We had an excellent server and fabulous meal. The lobster salad was amazing and the grouper was cooked to perfection. Highly recommend!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

On March 15, 2014 we were greeted by the host who announced "our credit card machine is down, cash only." Struck me as odd. The appetizer we shared, goat cheese croquettes were rich and served hot. I had the chef's special seafood pasta. The fish was cooked perfectly. The mussels were largely empty shells but the ones that I tasted were sweet. My wife had the pasta Bolognese which was good but not particularly spicy or remarkable. The service was excellent and the outdoor patio is pleasant and surprisingly quiet for being right off Duval Street.