“Always a great experience”
Review of Blackfin Bistro

Blackfin Bistro
Ranked #35 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My friend and I are locals and we usually cook at home. Every once in awhile you just have a taste for something special. One of the special item we love to get is their Diablo Burger. It is always cooked to perfection, topped with chevre cheese, sauteed mushrooms and a spicy sauce served on a brioche bun.The fries are fresh cut and they serve a small lightly fresh dressed salad. How many ways can one say yummy? There is nothing on this island that can compare to this burger. We always swear that we were going to take some of this sauce home and make ourselves but really? We never have any left. The service there is top notched and very attentive. We LOVE this place.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We came for a slider/beer pairing dinner. We left happy and full. Our tall vegan waitress never made us feel uncomfortable with our meat and bacon choices. Soooo goood! Everyone else was nice and the moon peaking through a majestic palm perfectly accompanied the delightful food.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here several times during our numerous vacations in Key West and each and every time we have had a wonderful experience usually eating dinner in the courtyard and enjoying perfectly prepared food. Today we went for lunch and it was not the same experience. I had the special goat cheese coquette appetizer and my husband had the gazpacho soup - both were excellent and we should have stopped there. I had the quiche which was on the dry side and my husband had the Croque Monsieur which also was dry and the bread it was served on was very doughy. It really was just a grilled ham & cheese sandwich. The food was mediocre at best.

We could have overlooked the food not being up to par if it weren't for the ridiculousness of charging for a coke refill! Who does that today? At $2.50 a glass for a few cents worth of soda (yes, $5.00 for 2 glasses!) we will never go back. Any restaurant in today's world that doesn't provide free refills needs to spell that out clearly before the bill comes.

What a shame to lose 2 customers for something so petty but with all the restaurants to choose from in Key West, the Blackfin Bistro has now been taken off our list of favorites!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I were just looking for a place to grab some appetizers for the evening and wow did we find the right place. Dinner looked amazing but we came in for some apps to hold us over till our reservations that night late. Wish we would have cancelled and stayed there! The Calamari was cooked to perfection in a sauce that we dipped bread in (2 baskets) till it was gone! The Goat Cheese special was simply delicious and should be put on the menu full time!!! The place had great ambience and the staff were very friendly, gave good reccomendations on other attractions! This place is a must visit in KW!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were staying at the Truman hotel and this place had good reviews so we gave it a try, It is conveniently located on Duval Street. The place is small and it is pretty much impossible to have a private conversation. But it is nicely decorated and cozy. The food was really good. I had the tuna entree that was cooked to perfection. Prices are reasonable for Key west.