“What a great place to stay”
Review of Passover Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Passover Cottage
Ranked #67 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“What a great place to stay”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

What a great place to be in Key West. The cottage is beautifully and has everything you need, a great BBQ if you don't want to go down to Duval Street, a great kitchen for cooking and a sitting room which feels as a home away from home. We hardly left the cottage because we enjoyed it so much. The kids were the whole day in the pool and my husband and I were sitting in the evenings in the Whirl pool having drinks. We felt like being on a honeymoon again, so cosy and totally secluded. I also loved the outside shower and the upstairs bedroom. We had no termites however its very tropical and if food was left outside in the kitchen, little ants appeared which is normal. So tide away your food if you don't want unwellcomed guests. I was so sad to leave it was one of the best places I ever stayed and we will be back...

Room Tip: Upstairs is the perfect honeymoon suite, downstairs is good for friends or kids
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Betty734

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2013

my first night in the upstairs bedroom, i was covered in flying termites. Called office next day, there response what do you want us to do.. Termite people came and sprayed. That night still termites crawling in bed. Called again, what do you want us to do. They came over and with an attitude came up to room and when I pointed out a termite they would kill it. Made me feel this was a common thing, no big deal. Said I was over reacting, and what did I want them to do. Did not unpack my suitcase for the whole week. Hope I didn't bring any termites home with me. The house keepers were very nice, .While in Key West we made a lot of friends who we told our experience , and they assured us they would make sure our next visit would be termite free.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank brookster12
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 14, 2013

It was our first time visiting Key West, and we could not have picked a better place to stay. The cottage has two bedrooms with private baths, a great kitchen and light filled eating area and both indoor and outdoor seating areas. The private pool and outdoor shower were such a luxury! The location is great, very quiet, but only a short walk to Duval Street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lesley224
Hackettstown, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We love Key West, and now have a reason to love it more. Beautiful old Key West home that has been meticulously restored. Very well equipped kitchen has everything you need to make a great meal if you dont want to take the short walk to Duval and all the restaurants there. Washer/dryer on the first floor. Very nice bedroom on the first floor with a clean spacious bathroom with shower. The second floor bedroom was huge with its own bathroom. One of the nicest parts of the house was the outside shower! There is an expansive deck that adds lots of outdoor living space, beautiful gardens and a great pool.

The property is fenced in, very secure and private, with easy parking if you have a car. Easy walking to the wharf or Duval. If you are looking for a clean, well maintained, private place to experience Key West, it doesnt get any better. I cant recommend it enough

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Doug P
Great Meadows, NJ
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was the perfect place for our family vacation. They call it a cottage, but it is extremely spacious with more than enough room for the 5 of us. It’s been completely restored, so you have the convenience of today’s modern amenities (3 TVs, stainless steel kitchen, washer/dryer, 2 full size bathrooms) with the charm of a historic Key West house. The outside patio is quite extensive with two outdoor tables and lounge chairs. Along with the heated pool, it provides areas of sun and shade during all hours of the day - perfect for teenagers wanting to soak up the sun, and others of us who want to enjoy the outdoors in the shade. The most surprising and enjoyable feature of the house was the outdoor shower. It’s completely private, impeccably clean and very large. Also, the location of the house is ideal – quiet and secluded, yet close to the restaurants, shops and attractions. We’ve vacationed in Key West a dozen times, and this house is by far the best place we’ve ever stayed. We cannot wait to come back next year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Leslie H
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Recently visited Key West and shacked up at Passover Cottage. What a GREAT PLACE! Super clean, super relaxing, super close to everything!! The swimming pool was perfect for chilling out during the day while we rested up from the night(s) before. Very comfortable beds made "sleeping in" unavoidable. For once, I was able to turn off the work phone and enjoy myself.

I know that it sounds weird, but I didn't shower once inside. The outdoor shower was really cool!!

The parents took the upstairs bedroom and my mom said that she hadn't slept that well in her life, apparently the mattresses are primo. The bathroom upstairs is absolutely gorgeous. Our friends took the downstairs bedroom and said the same thing. Slept great. My girlfriend and I slept on the pull out sofa and we too slept well.

The kitchen was really nice as well. Large refrigerator to stock up on beers if you are staying for a while. Large patio served as a nice place to sit around and have dinner.

The swimming pool was very clean and perfect for cooling off and lounging around.

There are lots of unique and interesting deli's, restaurants, coffee shops, etc...all within walking distance. We walked everywhere, including the nightly treks to Duval.

Overall, I think this is a hidden treasure right in the middle of Key West.

Room Tip: All rooms were great, but if your the first one in the door...call the upstairs bedroom!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jason H
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Beautiful cottage, perfect for vacation. Spacious two-bedroom with private pool and outdoor shower. Very clean property, beautiful landscaping, plenty of privacy! Within walking distance of wharf, Duval St, etc. I would highlt recommend, we loved it here!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends