“Finally found the best conch in Key West” 5 of 5 bubbles

Conch Shop
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
san francisco
“Finally found the best conch in Key West”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stopped everywhere we could find, finally found the best. This place was amazing 20 yrs. ago, still as good as remembered.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank karnArt

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Solid fritters!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Good, reasonably priced. We hit this after our AWFUL lunch at Blue Heaven and were glad we did. Owner is the one making the food, and she does so with pride

Visited November 2012
2 Thank mjmjpi
Dallas, TX
“Glad we chose this for our first Conch experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were trying to decide whether to eat at the famous Blue Heaven across the street or here and the owner started talking to us thriugh the screen door. She was so friendly and it just seemed more down to earth, so we gave it a try. They made me a couple of conch fritters to try since I had never had conch. Of course they were great, so I got that along with collard greens. My husband had shrimp which also great, as was the cole slaw.
Seating is all outside and it was very peaceful and kind of like being in another country.
I learned that the man cooking was Shorty, who is 88 and has been cooking sice he was in the Navy in WW II. He and his daughter Rita have been running thd place for many years and the know their stuff. Wish I could go back and try the conch sandwich, the stew and maybe even the salad, although I understand it is raw in that dish.

I will definitely stop by here next time I am in Key West!

2 Thank Jayne1973Dallas_TX
“The REAL THING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Embarrassed to say I did not try this gem long ago but now after my third time in a month I can say you have to try the conch salad, excellent, made to order and great kick of spice. The ladies working there are fantastic.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bpo47
Palm City, Fla
“Give this "hole in a wall" a shot!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We visited this place based upon word of mouth recommendations. The restaurant is a very small converted house. You order through a window and eat at small tables in the backyard. Its opened from 11 AM to 7 PM. BYOB. Shorty the 88 year old chief works the grill while his daughter takes the orders ans serves.
The conch salad is excellent and the comch fritters were also very good.

Very much worth a stop for a quick lunch or snack.

Visited September 2012