“Awesome Island Tour on Jet Ski around Island”
Review of Ski Key West

Ski Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Jet ski rental ,,we tour around the island of key west , please call for availability ,,tour time 10 am 12pm 2pm 4pm,,,6pm in summer. .
Reviewed December 10, 2011

The two guys, Mike and Bill (I think that were their names) were working on Monday morning at 10:00 AM when I scheduled my tour. It turned out to be a private tour, the guide and myself and it was amazing. We stopped and shared knowledge of the area and just enjoyed my first experience on a jet ski. I would highly recommend this crew to take you around the island. It was the high point of my stay here in Key West.
PS. I booked online and I think the price was cheaper.

There are newer reviews for Ski Key West

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Wow what a great time. We were looking for something to do after a morning of shopping and did not want to go back to the cruise ship. We found them on the dock on the way back to the ship. We asked how much for the trip and the guy said $125.00 for a 2 hour tour. I asked if I could put 3 people on the jet ski thinking he would tell me no. He said sure. I was surprised so I asked how much he said for the same price $125.00. I was shocked he said for the same price. We had 2 adults and a nine year old on a jet ski.

They teach you how to ride if you don't already know how to. They have a guide in the front and a guide in the middle to check on everybody. They space all the skis out so there is no danger of running into anybody. They let you go as fast as you are comfortable with.

At the last stop you get off your ski and stretch, play in the water, and take pictures. Justin, one of the guides on the tour asked my nine year old daughter if she wanted to ride on the back of his jet ski. She said yes and she had a blast. Justin went fast and in cirlcles and gave her the ride of her life. As he came back to where we were in the line of skis he would turn and drench her with water and take off real fast, she would had the biggest smile on her face.

At the next 2 ports she asked if we could ride the jet skis again.

2  Thank tim o
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Great time on this your! It cost less than other larger companies and everyone goes to the same spots. Look for their $95 internet only special...includes two people on the ski if you want! Others charge $130-$150. Our tour guide, Dave, was awesome. We got a kick about how bundled up he was and we were all in swimsuits and it was 80 out. It was only us and two gals from England so we had a nice small group. Dave did a good job of telling us about certain parts of the area, and we of course had some free riding time. The submarine pits were very insteresting to learn about and fun to ride in! All 6 of us chatted and hung out at the sand bar for a while. He didn't just go off on his own but actually engaged us in conversation. My wife was worried about the bumpy ocean and there were some spots that were pretty rough but I drove that part and she drove some of the calmer parts. Highly recommened. TIP - Forgot the owners name but he is a big Steelers fan...make that connection and you will be off on the right foot!

Reviewed October 9, 2011

We had a great tour it was just two couples on our tour. The guys behind the counter were very nice and friendly and laid back. We had heaps of time to muck around on the jet skis and saw some amazing sights. Our tour guide was a young guy and we couldn't have asked for a better one. He was patient and showed us some cool things and was quite knowledgeable. Highly recommend around mid afternoon.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

We were late for the branded and well known packages like Fury so we had to settle for this shabby Jet Ski rental business. 6 Friends, rented 3 Skies and we enjoyed the 28 mile guided tour and the guide was not bad but not so good towards novices. The fun-kill began after the ride when we returned.

Soon as we were back, the guy who sits at the desk was ready to push our Skis into the floating dock where they are parked. Soon as we were back, he jumped at the sight of a small crack like damage on our Ski front side and began to harass us about the damage we caused and asked whom we had hit, and I can be 100% certain that we hit nobody and no rock and nothing solid, moreover the damage looked old with black dirt on the edges which means that guy does this all the time to unsuspecting customers to extort money. He kept arguing and I kept refusing that I hit anything and I told him it is an old damage and I won't pay a penny. While we were busy gathering our belongings, one of my friend heard the two employees talking and one saying "So, you selected this Skii today?" I assume this is their MO, they jump at one of the SKii and began harassing the customer until they spill out some dough if convinced that they might have hit something. And trust me, once you agree, they will cash you pretty bad! Although, I had to pay nothing, the argument and the dirty SOB attitude of the guy was a total fun-kill and I never wanna see their faces again. A total unprofessional and ridiculously rude service with potential extortion going on at their shop. Please pay a bit more and have a better service at other businesses there or make sure you pay close attention while Jet Skiing and take a closer look at your SKii before mounting it. He seems like covers the crack with something to make it less obvious in the beginning and after the Skii is in water the crack might look more obvious, but when I checked my trip pictures (someone was clicking our pics even before we started the Skiing) I found the crack clearly visible on our Skii in the beginning which means that guy was a total liar and fraud. If you cannot argue and keep off the extortion, keep away from these guys!

3  Thank Solmaktech
David R, Owner at Ski Key West, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2015

Sorry for your Ski Key West substandard experience. The business was leased to another owner at the time of your excursion. The original owner of Ski Key West has taken back ownership of the company. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for you input.