“Beautiful comfortable clean well located...”

Review of Bahama House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
JoJo911MD
Laurel, Maryland, United States
“Great Place If You Aren't Diving and Don't Have a Car”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed in the Nassau Suite, which is upstairs in front. There are apparently four units in this old converted home. The suite was clean and nicely decorated, with a TV in each bedroom. Extra points. The bed was a bit hard for my taste, but not too bad.

Oh, you need to provide your own toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, and soap are not included.

The main issue we had was the parking. The rental clearly states that parking is available but not guaranteed. My first recommendation would be for the owner/manager to provide information on where else you could park. The main issue with the parking is that it is three spots, one in front of the other, so either you are blocked in or you are blocking someone in. The morning after we arrived, we went for a dive only to discover when we returned that one of the other tenants had our car towed. The manager was very nice and apologized, even gave us a gift card for a local restaurant. The next night we got a call from one of the other tenants insisting we move our car even though we had already arranged with other tenants to be in the back because we were leaving early the next morning. The parking is just not a resolvable issue. Most people stay in that zone because they don't intend on driving around. I was not pleased that the manager gave my phone number to other tenants although I understood. I would have preferred she call me.

The second issue for us was that we are divers and there was no place to set out our gear to dry. For most people this is not an issue, but there is no space to hang out, out side. According to the rental, the front porch is shared space, but it really feels like you are invading the space of the downstairs tenants.

Overall, it is a very charming place in a great location. I recommend if you drive to Key West you find somewhere else to park your car. Apparently, there are free spaces up near Mallory Square. Just drop your stuff off at the house and find some where else to park the car until you leave.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The location is fantastic. It's just off Duval street.
Liked least: Parking. The advertisement says pariking is available but not gauranteed. There are 3 spots, but one in front of the other. You are either blocked in or blocking someone else.
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful comfortable clean well located welcoming fun!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Beautiful comfortable clean well located welcoming fun!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Well located and very roomy”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

The house is perfect, clean and with all commodity. The service is great the owner is pleasant. I recommended this place with no restriction. For sure I will be back.

FL

Luxury-minded travelers
Douglasville Georgia
Reviewed July 17, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing