“Beautiful, perfect location...but Noisy”

Review of Duval Penthouse

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 25 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful, perfect location...but Noisy”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We loved the Duval Penthouse from the moment we entered the private courtyard. The pool is small but perfect for a group of adults who want a quick dip, the fountain drowns out any sound from the surrounding buildings and gives you that private oasis feel. The Penthouse is modern in design with wood floors, great appliances and breathtaking Peter Lik photography hanging on just about every wall. We did have an issue with a slider not being able to lock, but the management company took care of it right away. We grilled out while listening to the musicians performing at Willie T's and enjoyed all of the amenities this penthouse had to offer. Just an FYI: The Master bed was a subject for many laughs as it is very squeaky , the slightest movement will have that bed groaning in protest. The location is perfect with a balcony overlooking Duval street, beware of the slate tile it tends to get very dirty from the passing cars and trucks. With that being said, if you choose the Master bedroom you will hear all of the crazy antics of revelers well into the night and then the very loud noises of Willy T's as it closes for the night about 2:30 am, but if you are still out partying you wont mind it one bit. Although the 6:30 am street cleaning, garbage, recycle and delivery trucks are another matter altogether.Ear plugs bought at the local Walgreen and white noise from my laptop took care of that. Also keep all food tightly sealed as there are those pesky south Florida sugar ants that just love any crumbs you may leave behind. All in all we loved the unit and it's prime location. We walked everywhere and took a pedicab when we couldn't quite make that last trek home. Our trip was enhanced by this beautiful property and even the extra noise, it was a winner in my book. We would book it again for sure.

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Iowa
Reviewed March 8, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway
“Nice but noisy”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

This place had a lot of things going for it. It is a large and spacious place that was plenty of room for the 5 of us. Pretty well appointed as far as cooking, W/D etc and the location - if you want to be right in the heat of the battle of Duval St is great for the most part.
However, there is Willy T's right next door- and I mean spitting distance away- and that place really put a damper on our time as the place was ridiculously loud with loud music that started around noon every day and was supposed to stop at 12:30 PM - ya right! It was so bad that I had to 'try' and sleep with noise cancellation head phones on which is not what I had in mind. And then they started a leaf blower up at 7:00 am one morning that ran for an hour while the guy was literally blowing leaves off the roof of Willy's!!
On the bright side, if you're not opposed to the noise level and you're looking for a great place and location where you can walk to anything in Old Town than I highly suggest this place. Has a little wading pool that is great for chilling out and a great balcony that overlooks Duval St and is great for people watching.

las vegas
Reviewed January 24, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Check in / front desk
TN
Reviewed January 2, 2013 for a stay in December 2012

“Great time in Key West”
Reviewed July 4, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

House is perfectly located grocery store across the street walgreens next door pirates scooter rental block n half away just a great location all around whole family enjoyed the pool owner was there our first day with suggestions and offered up some wine and pool tous for my girls cant say enough good things about our stay

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing