“Great day!”
Review of Venus Charters

Venus Charters
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a fabulous day on the water! Captain Ange was very flexible and offered us many choices on what we could do. Spent most of the time fishing but also had a dip in the water. Great trip!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a wonderful day with Capt. Ange, fishing, swimming and just enjoying a day on the water.
Ange was friendly, and knowledgeable about the area and waters. It was like being on a outing with an old friend.
Would highly recommend!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have been fishing with Captain Karen many times over the past 6 or 7 years and today's trip was as good as they get! No sooner than we dropped anchor, we started pulling in one snapper after another. A few times the fish took our bait, but there was never a minute's wait. The moment the bait hit the water, we got bites and most times it meant reeling in a fish. We kept our legal limit of snappers and estimate we probably put back at least 75 of them. Also, we caught several groupers, but put all of them back since they are out of season. Toward the end of the trip, Captain Karen began using larger pieces of bait on our lines, and right away we started hooking something very large; Captain Karen said they were sharks. They would pull the line out almost as far as it would go before we could start trying to reel them in. Just like with all the snapper we caught, each time it hit the water, we were in for a wild and crazy fight. This happened 5 times. And all of this in four hours! We were so busy pulling in fish, toward the end we were almost worn out, but thoroughly ecstatic over the continuous fishing frenzy. This was an incredible experience for us. Having spent a lifetime of fishing, I do not recall a more enjoyable outing. Our afternoon with Captain Karen was perfect. We are already talking about coming back to Key West soon just so we can do it all again.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you enjoy salt water fishing and not in to the big time sports competition, Capt. Karen of Venus Charters is the one you want!. For several years, on my trips to Key West, I have booked with Capt. Karen and we always have a great time.
This past trip was very nice and we got lots of strikes just about every drop of the hook into the water. She has special places in GPS that are virtually a guaranteed catch. Karen keeps a very clean, well run boat that is large enough to not get bounced around in waves but small enough that it is easy to see all the action and maintain a conversation. The great thing about this Venus Charter experiences is that it is basically a private charter. Each trip is personalized in its service and once the Captain gets to know you, your skills and preferences, it becomes a tailored experience of where to go and what rig to use.
If you are inclined to fish while in Key West, give her a call, you will be glad you did.
I ALWAYS enjoy my trips.....thank you Captain Karen for adding your fun touch to my trips to Paradise.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had an awesome time with Capt Karen fishing today. Everything was so easy and fun. Beautiful boat, incredible setting, great fishing. We caught so many different species. Capt Karen is truly a treasure- kind, patient, fun and so knowledgeable. Next time I'm in key west I will definitely book again. I've been out fishing in Key west with other captains and have fished in many Carribean spots. This was my favorite experience yet! Can't wait to come back!