“Excellent dive operation!”

Lost Reef Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking to experience diving or snorkeling in the Keys? We offer two daily diving and snorkeling excursions, all PADI scuba instruction, as well as a full line of scuba equipment for sale and rent. Just Curious about diving? Try our Discover Scuba course. Dive in a day! Contact us today and book your next Adventure!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We would highly recommend Lost Reef. On a recent trip, we dove with them 4 times. The crew was very knowledgeable and gave great briefings. We dove the Vandenburg on 2 trips. Both times the current was very "sporty" but we enjoyed the dives. The crew was very helpful in switching over tanks and overall catering to us. We also dove the Cayman and on the last trip, most enjoyed fun reef diving. We saw some incredible wildlife, including 2 reef sharks, a 10 foot nurse shark, lobsters, etc. Also, the location to our guest house was excellent, within walking distance. I would highly recommend diving with them. My only regret was our camera filled with water on the first dive so we didn't get any pictures. Arghhh. That, of course, is not the fault of the dive shop. Of note, the manager could be a little friendlier......

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We would recommend the personal and exceptional service at Lost Reef Adventures. We took three trips with them and from the moment you step off deck, the staff including their cashier, guides, dive masters and captains are genuine and incredibly service oriented. It can be easily seen that they liked their jobs and care about the total divers experience. Not only did they carry our gear to and from the dive boat, they explained the dive in detail and even switched out tanks for our subsequent dives. Chad, our dive master and Chris our Captain were excellent in their presentation and great attitudes. We will definitely be back. Thank you.

1  Thank Robbie72011
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We recently went down to the Keys to go diving and booked our reef dives with Lost Reef in advance of our trip. Upon arriving for our morning dive we were informed that they did not have us listed for the two-tank dive, the boat was full, and that they had decided to go dive a wreck (which was not want I discussed with the phone rep when I originally called) so we could not go out with them. Disappointed, I asked the guy at the desk to make sure we were listed for the morning reef dive the following day. He checked in the log and said we were listed. That afternoon I received a call stating that we were a "no show" for the afternoon dive, but they had boat troubles and could not go out so my cc would not be charged. However, I did not book an afternoon dive so this was troublesome. The next morning we went back to the shop to do our reef dive, but again they informed us that we were not on the list and they had a full boat. We tried two other dive shops, but unfortunately, everyone was booked up (which is understandable because I'm sure many people book weeks in advance) so we never got to go diving in the Keys. Total disappointment. I will never recommend this dive shop.

4  Thank Michele S
Nick k, Owner at Lost Reef Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. We truly regret when we have internal breakdowns that result in total disappointment to our customers. As a result of this problem we have implemented new procedures in our reservation procedures in hopes of eliminating these types of issues in the future. As always we regret when we have an unhappy customer. We hope that in the future you will consider giving us another opportunity to show you our great customer care!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We've been to Key West two years in a row and chose Lost Reef Adventures as our main attraction. Both times were fantastic, the people are extremely friendly and make it their job to make a great day at sea. If I were to recommend a dive guide I would recommend Patrick! He's an awesome laid back guy and will take you through the ship in some dark places. The dives were great on the Vandenburg! Unforgettable moments with this crew.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Dont be dissuaded by the negative reviews, they are from years ago and the shop has improved dramatically. They will do everything they can to help you and more, like bringing your gear to the boat and loading it for you, and even changing your gear for you on the surface interval. All of the staff were profesional and kind, and willing to answer any questions and help you. I was stung by something on a mooring line on my first dive, and one of the dive masters lent me his gloves so I could go o the second dive. The crew will gladly interact with you and make you feel welcome on their boat. Speaking of the boat, she looks a little worse for wear but she is a great vessel manned by a great crew. 10/10 would dive with lost reef again.