“Exhilarating!”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Exhilarating!”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I had never jet skiied solo but wanted to take the plunge while vacationing in Key West. The price for 2-hour tour was very affordable, and after witnessing the excitement and enthusiasm of others who were returning from the tour I was immediately sold.
We received a brief instruction on operating and safety procedures and then allowed to mount the Wave Runners. We then were encouraged to ride around 5-10 minutes in order to get acquainted and comfortable and set out on our journey. What a blast!! We circled the island in single file combined with brief informative stops of the island as well as to check in with the group, should we have any questions or requests. Later we took a free style 20 minute roaming session where we could get off an swim if we so chose. My husband and I just let loose and had the time of our lives - We were 50-year olds acting like we were still 20. The crew was great, very helpful and help make it a fantastic, memorable experience. I highly recommend Barefoot Billies!!!

sebastian, fl
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This was NOT a tour. It was a race!”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My husband and I took this "tour" last week. We've been to Key West many times but never toured the island from the water....and we still haven't! We could not keep up with the leader with the jet ski at full throttle. There were others that were able to keep up (better jet skis??) and seemed to want to race...which would have been fine if this was Barefoot Billy's Island Jet Ski Race!! Slamming the waves at 40 mph while keeping an eye out for other boaters and trying to stay on the machine doesn't leave any time for looking around. We did stop a few times to listen to the tour guide fly through a little island spiel (actually it was more like trying to listen to an auctioneer). I'm not afraid of the water or of speed but I can honestly say I had a few fearful moments. I would NEVER (EVER) recommend this to someone who would like to tour the island....or had never been on a jet ski. This was a testosterone driven race and should be advertised as such.

2 Thank TMG_2000
Indio, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fast, Fun, Wild, Wet Ride”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I had only been on a jet ski once before and it was slower, on a Cancun snorkel tour. But this ride around the island was a great experience and lots of fun. I joined a group made up of one big family, from 40-something to the grandparents, maybe 70-75 yrs old, with others in-between. I am 67 and fit, but wondered if the older ones could stay aboard at the speeds we sometimes went. We all rode single (which is much better for control and more fun) except for the mother. She tried it with one middle-aged daughter but they were wobbly and slow so she moved to the Guide's ski at the first stop. Then we all did fine. I hung on tightly to the handlebars to stay onboard, esp at 65-75mph. We stopped several times to regroup and once to wade in shallow water. Near the end we all had 10 min to play in a wide area and zip around any way we wanted before heading back. I was impressed with how well we Seniors did at those fast speeds and bouncing over the wakes of others (no real ocean waves to deal with around this island). However I would not take any child under 16 on this trip (probably not permitted any way).

Elkin North Carolina, USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What a wonderful tour.”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We took the 2 hr jet ski tour around the island of key west. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and plan to do this again when we return next year. The guide was great and the shuttle that picked us up from the condo was was great too. I do suggest that you spend the extra money and go single and have a whole ski to yourself. This is what we did. It would not have been near as much fun for us if we shared ski. I give it 9 out of 10. I am sure this trip could be better but I am not sure how. WE HAD A BLAST!!!

Corsicana, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exciting, thrilling, and worth every penny!”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

This is a fast paced jet ski tour. It takes you on a tour around the entire island. It is not a leisurely tour by any means...... But it is a BLAST! You stop at four different points. Have different photo opportunitys. And a little education about island points. Then a little playtime on the jetski for yourself. But hold on to your hats, because this is a fast, thrilling jetski ride! I would and will definetely do this again, but I recommend getting your own jetski instead of doing doubles with someone. I wouldnt let my husband drive because he was scaring the daylights out of me! However.......It was ok if I jumped the waves.... :-)