“greattime”
Review of Barefoot Billy's

Barefoot Billy's
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was super impressed with this experience. My friend was having difficulty with our jet ski and the instructor - Jimmy - was amazing. He used expert creative instruction to help and educate my friend and turned what could have been a horrible time into a great time, lots of fun! Kudos, was one of the best life learning experiences I have ever witnessed and Jimmy deserves a ribbon of honor, thank you Barefoot Billies.

There are newer reviews for Barefoot Billy's

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This could have been so much better.

Firstly, 6 people due to be on our tour turned up about 25min late. The rest of the folks (us included) had turned up on time and were left waiting for the tour to begin, sadly none of the staff let us know what was going on so we ended up asking them. We’d turned up 20min early as we knew there would be forms to fill in etc, so in the end we ended up just waiting about for 45min. This group of 6 were so late we should have just started without them but nope, we were all held back because of their time keeping. Secondly the guide leading the tour was not great with people and seemed to have little or no regard for people who were new to (or apprehensive of) jet skiing. For the tour you’re all in single file with the guide setting the pace, from the start its extremely fast which is great fun for us who have been on jet skis before. However, my wife (we both had our own jet skis) took a while to get used to it so she was bringing up the rear for the group. I stayed behind her to make sure she was ok. Every so often the guide stops to talk about a particular feature of key west so we always had the group in our sight. But after a few minutes the guide has obviously noticed my wife is struggling to keep up, so he came to the back of the line and first shouted at me for staying back with her, his guidance was not to slow down because of her and to go on ahead (fair enough, I assume he is going to help her). But his advice to my wife was to “stop being so slow” and “don’t hold us back anymore”. In that situation I would have expected him to give her some tips on driving the jet ski faster and help as she was obviously a first timer. As it turned out this guy wasn’t just biting at us but at others in our group to. In a country with such amazing service is was unusual to have a tour guide that so obviously disliked dealing with the public.

Anyway, in the end my wife got the hang of the jet ski in her own time. We were given some free time to zip around in a lovely bay with very shallow waves. She got her confidence up and we enjoyed the rest of the afternoon.

2  Thank Wilko82
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked with Barefoot Billy's based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. What an absolutely fun way to see the island! Our guide was personable, attentive, knowledgeable, and fun! Would do this trip again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank MelissaM496
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Lots of fun, very easy to drive the jet ski. The guides, two them, do a great job directing you and making sure you are keeping up and OK. Highly recommend this for a nice two hours on the water.

1  Thank Stonecity57
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We are staying at The Reach and took the island tour with Philly Tom! He did a great job showing us the sights, and making it a great day! Thanks Tom!!