“Awesome Jet Ski Tour”
Review of Barefoot Billy's

Barefoot Billy's
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Jake and Jason showed us an awesome time on the tours. Yes, my partner and I took two different tours. It was that much fun! All of the guys at Barefoot Billy's were awesome!

There are newer reviews for Barefoot Billy's

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was lucky enough to get a 1:1 as no one else had booked for this session. My guide (Chris I think his name was) took my on a great tour around Key West and Stock Island. And because it was just the two of us, we went FAST!!

I admit I have some prior jetski experience from Malta several years ago, but he gave me some time to refresh myself with the seadoo and then we were off!

We had the opportunity to visit inside some of the narrow Mangrove "islands" (can't go too fast in those), and out to a lovely area where the sea was very warm, and shallow - we stepped off the jetski's for a short while, while he told me about the coral sands we were stood on - sand I should add that is used by spa's and spa products. He also took me into the old Cold War docks where the nuclear subs were sunk - a veritable history lesson! Finally before heading back to coast near the Marriott at Key West Beachside, I had 15 mins freetime to just jetski around to my hearts content - fast and furious!

This guy's knowledge of the area and its history was amazing (he told me he was historian at heart - though I gleaned from his colleagues later he's also a shrewd businessman and also skydives!) So not only did we do some fab jetskiing, I also gained a lot of knowledge about Key West and some top recommendations of places to visit. We then continued around to the southernmost point, and then out over the choppy seas to sunset key (near my hotel in fact) and tank island where the celebs have their houses.

Having done the jetpack adventures (recommended btw) that morning, I was a little queezy from the amount of sea water I'd swallowed (oops!) but the adrenaline from this tour soon cured that.

All in all, a fab time. Their shuttle picked me up from our hotel at Ocean Key (my partner stayed behind to indulge in the spa treatment at the hotel) and took me back after.

Major fail... I left my sunglasses behind when I was changing out of my wet gear after the jetski tour and it was out last day in Key West - and I was on the last tour. Not to worry...! They saw I'd left them behind, and kept them locked up for me in their hut so that I could pick them up the next morning as we set out on our drive back to Miami airport. Brilliant.

Thoroughly recommended. OK so you can jetski in many places, but this was much more than just a jetski, it was a true tour by sea!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I feel bad for waiting so long to write this review, but better late than never! My friend and I were on vacation in key west back in july and ended up doing a jet ski tour with barefoot billys. The experience was awesome! We got picked up and dropped off at our hotel for no extra charge (and the driver was on time!), the instructors/tour guides (Tom and Mike) were chill and helpful, and the 2 hour block was a perfect amount of time for my friend and i (both novices to jet skiing). We also definitely enjoyed having a half hour of just play time to ourselves. The best part for sure though is the price--cant beat it! 2 hours for 150$/jetski or 80$ for a double? cant beat it. we will definitely be back next time we're in key west!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was the second best experience we had in Key West, after a sunset sail. The only reason it gets 4 instead of 5 stars is because the company hired a radio personality to do a live advertisement from our tour and we left almost 20 minutes late to accommodate them. The guys handling the tour were great and helped my husband, who has never done water sports, the entire time. Would definitely recommend. Thanks guys!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very experienced staff...very convenient frm my room. Awesome day out on the water with the tour. Would definitely do it again!