“Chillin' in Key West”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, PA
“Chillin' in Key West”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My first visit to Key West was an absolute pleasure. The Seascape Tropical was the perfect place to call home for a week. Located just off the south end of Duval, the location could not have been better. A little removed from the bars and clubs gave us some quiet time. Also, the small walk to what became my favorite restaurant, Blue Heaven, was a plus. My sister, girlfriend and I shared the Havana Suite which gave us plenty of room and privacy. The common areas are beautifully maintained and the end of day gathering at the pool with other residents was just the right way to ease down from the fun on Duval or a day in the sun. Our hosts were so helpful with reservations to a kayaking trip and a sunset cruise not to mention some great suggestions for restaurants. We visited during the Songwriter's Festival and could not have had better timing. Friendly people, a wonderful continental breakfast, a comfortable and beautiful room - it was everything my first trip to the Keys should be! Needless to say, I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have stayed at many places in Key West, but the Seascape is my favorite. I just stayed there from Wed. May 2nd to May 7th, the time went too fast and I wish I were still there. They have a very nice breakfast with mimosas and a variety of baked goods, cereal, fresh squeezed juice, and the spa pool is delightful! The staff is so helpful, the rooms the cleanest I've ever seen. The location is central to most places I visited while there, I liked the quieter neighborhood the Seascape is located in,

Room Tip: there are rooms by the pool or rooms upstairs with a huge deck, any room there is in a good spot, I...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MikkifromBuffalo
Austin, TX
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My husband and I were warmly welcomed to the inn by Lynn. She had her scooter in holding a parking spot for our motorcycle. We loved our room which was beside the pool area. We met some great people that were staying there and we enjoyed conversations about restaurants and activities in Key West, along with learning about their hometowns. Breakfast was delicious with exceptionally delicious fruit, pastries and coffee. The location was convenient to all the favorite tourist sites such as Duval Street, Hemingway House, Southernmost Point, Mallory Square and a short ride by bicycle to the beaches. Marcia and David were friendly and helpful. Our room was very quiet (I did hear the roosters but only have I was already awake). Our bedroom was spotlessly cleaned everyday so it was wonderful to walk into the room after a day of sightseeing. My only suggestion would be new sheets - they were a bit nubby - but I will admit that my husband calls me the princess and the pea in regards to linens and pillows. I would definitely stay at the Seaside Tropical again on my next trip to Key West.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This was the best B&B I have stayed in down at Key West. Great location, close to all of the fun but very relaxing and quiet. Our room was perfect and the people working there were so nice and helped us plan our days! We will definitely be returning to Seascape!

Room Tip: We had the porch room right in front of the house and at first I was a little worried we may hear a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heather H
Pembroke, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Recently spent 4 enjoyable days and would definitely return. The Inn is quiet and attractive and close to all the sights. We never moved our car the entire visit! Our room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was delicious - especially the mimosas. The pool and garden area was very relaxing after a full day and evening of walking, sightseeing, eating wonderful food and enjoying the night life. Sitting by the pool eating Key Lime Pie, how could you not love it!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank menaud
Madison
Reviewed April 18, 2012

How does this lovely house and garden manage to be so near Duval Street and yet be so peaceful and relaxing...amazing! We stayed four nights and enjoyed every minute; while it was our first visit here, we felt instantly at ease. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, the rooms clean, colorful and comfortable, and Mario the Cat was friendly without getting in the way. Marcia and Dave provide all the amenities and information you need, their manner is gracious, yet unobtrusive. I had a bout of insomnia one night and it was delightful to wander out to the back patio and read for an hour under the whispering palm tree. I hope nothing changes before we come back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mezzo771
Chapel Hill
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Trip Advisor reviews did not lead us astray in booking 5 nights at the Seascape Tropical Inn. This quiet inn is located steps from Duval Street and Hemingway's House as well as restaurants and shopping. The continental breakfast of fresh fruits, mimosas, coffee, breads and spreads, eggs, and sweets held us way into the early afternoon of sightseeing. Upon returning from hours of walking, the spa was a welcome respite.

Definitely put this small quaint inn on your list when you visit Key West!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends