“Seascape is GREAT!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
“Seascape is GREAT!”
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Me and my husband stayed at the Seascape on our honeymoon. For 5 nights. It was our first time to keywest. Because of the great reviews, we chose Seascape. And we made the right move. KoKo was wonderfull. Greeted with beers, helped with things to do. Breakfast was great. The room was very clean and nice. The pool was perfect. The cats are great. They hung out with us all the time. We're animal lovers and missed our animals, so haveing the cats were great for us. The Salsa Loco resturant was good. I told Koko that i live on sweet tea, so he went to Salsa Loco to get me some. That was very sweet. I got sweet tea everyday after that! I loved keywest and the Seascape. We will go back and only stay at Seascape. All the reviews are right. I will only stay at seascape when we return to keywest.
Its the BEST! Thanks Koko!!!

• Liked — Custmer service/clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank haleylane1214

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 7, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Seascape for 3 nights this past Thanksgiving, and we had an AMAZING time!! We had never been to Key West before and wanted to have a quiet, peaceful romantic getaway. I searched TripAdvisor for B&Bs, and after reading all the great reviews about the Seascape, we decided to try it out. I am SO GLAD we did. We couldn't have asked for a better place! My review here won't do it justice -- you NEED to see for yourself.

We stayed in one of the poolside queen rooms. It was very clean and comfortable. When we arrived, Koko (the inn's manager) greeted us with an ice cold beer and helped us get settled into our room. Parking can be a bit of a problem in Key West, but Koko saved us a parking space right in front of the inn, and we left our car there all weekend (there's no need for a car...everything is in walking distance). The inn is in the most ideal location -- right off Duval Street. However, even though Duval has a bustling night life, you can't hear ANY of that noise when you're at the Seascape. It's very peaceful and relaxing.

The Seascape also has a really nice thermal pool (bigger than a jacuzzi but smaller than a normal size pool). The temperature was always perfect. Also, there are 4 cats that live at the inn, and we had such a fun time hanging out with them. If you're not a cat person, they won't bother you, but if you are, they will come right up to you. The breakfast every morning was standard continental fare (muffins, bagels, cereal, etc.) but still very good -- the champagne mimosas were an excellent touch!!

We also met a lot of really great people while we were staying there. It's a small inn -- only 6 rooms. It primarily caters to couples, so if you're looking for a peaceful getaway without any kids, this would be an excellent choice.

The next time we are in Key West, we will DEFINITELY stay at the Seascape! I am telling anyone who is thinking of going to Key West to seriously consider this wonderful place. Thanks Koko for the great hospitality!!!

Oh, and one last plug: while you're in Key West, eat at Salsa Loca -- hands down the BEST mexican restaurant I think I have ever been to. And it's right down the street from the Seascape.

• Liked — Koko and the cats
  • Disliked — Nothing!!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed November 12, 2007

This is a lovely B&B, beautiful rooms, and a very friendly knowledgeable owner. Beth is a great resource for Key West sites (what to see, where to eat). The backyard is a beautiful little oasis! I highly recommend this bed and breakfast if you are staying in Key West.

Stayed November 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed October 29, 2007

Loved the place and the atmosphere. We lived in the Havana studio and loved every minute of it. Breakfast is great and so are the mimosas. The rooms are very clean and the sheets smell fresh. Koko is extremely helpful and great to have around. The location is ideal since it is right off Duval street and surprisingly quiet. Will definately recommend this place to anyone looking to have a great stay.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2007

Four of us stayed in the 2 queen poolside rooms from 09/21-09/23. When we arrived Koko checked us in and had a nice cold drink waiting for us. He gave us plenty of recommendations on what to see and where to eat....Salsa Loca was awesome! The rooms were very clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast and mimosas in the morning was nice and relaxing to eat out by the pool. The location is great...right off of Duval St, but we never heard any noise. We love the Seascape and Koko and can't wait to go back. Thanks for everything Koko!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank smokey78
Tampa, FL
Reviewed July 17, 2007

This was our first trip to Keywest and I have to say, the hospitality we received at the Seascape made our trip!!!!!! Beth, Chris, and Koko are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, just like their Inn! We will return to Keywest and ONLY stay at the Seascape!!!! The words in this review don't touch the absolute wonderful experience!!!! Thanks a ton!!!!!!

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank nola55
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed July 8, 2007

I will not stay anywhere But Seascape Tropical Inn. Everything about this hotel was great. First, KoKo was an absolute doll when making the reservations. He was so friendly and personable. Then, when we arrived late Sunday evening, there was a detailed map leading us to our room, with every twist and turn labeled for a no hassle arrival. Then, as a special surprise, there was a birthday card laying on the bed and a bottle of champagne in the refrigerator. My boyfriend had let it slip that we were coming to the Keys to celebrate my birthday week. The room was so clean and cute. I layed on the bed, a lil apprehensive as I am with all hotel beds, but immediately I smelled the scent of fresh sheets and a clean, fresh comforter. I was immediately relieved and able to get a good nights sleep. There was a spacious bathroom in the Queen Upper Terrace Room. The next morning, Beth wished me a Happy Birthday and I started off my celebration with morning mimosas! Unfortunately, we were only able to stay there one evening as they were booked solid for the rest of my birthday week - however Beth made many suggestions for us, encouraged us to come to her for help throughout our entire Key West stay, and even helped my boyfriend have flowers delivered to our other hotel on my actual birthday. The staff here was absolutely incredible, the food was fresh, and the room was absolutly clean. I couldnt ask for more!!! I will definitely be returning - and will not stay anywhere but the Seascaoe Tropical Inn - after all - I still need to meet KoKo! He was off whenever I went to visit him! :-)

• Liked — The Friendly People and the Clean Rooms and Sheets!
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple