Key West Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Key West
See available hotels
Marquesa Hotel(Key West)
Eden House(Key West)
  • Breakfast included
The Gardens Hotel(Key West)
1,085 results
All reviewsb bfresh fruitthe blue roombagelsbates roomsqueeze your own orange juiceevery morningshared bathroomcoffee cakeprivate bathhouse is beautifulthird floorduval streetother guestscommon areasfew blocksold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Popular House is an extremely attractive house, inside and out, similar in stlyle to many Key West residences (Victorian Caribbean?), with a big front porch and Adirondack chairs for guests to sit in and watch the world go by. It's beautifully decorated with colorful local art and artifacts (as another guest said, sitting in the living room, very visually stimulating), and the garden has pretty seating areas for breakfast. We had the blue room, which was lovely and mostly comfortable, although like most b&b's, not quite enough room to put your stuff.. It's a little hard to totally love the room though, as the smoke alarm went off at 6:30 am or so on our first morning, endearing us to all the other guests. Unless it malfunctioned, I assume it was the steam from my shower that set if off--the bathroom isn't a separate room, just partitioned off from the main room, and the partition walls don't go all the way to the ceiling, allowing my shower steam to drift over to the smoke alarm? So that wasn't great.

Other reviewers have commented on the lack of choices at breakfast, and I feel a little guilty agreeing with them, as I truly loved the baked goods and thought they were very yummy. Still, I think that at least adding a cereal option,especially a whole grain low calorie one, would be very welcome to the guests, so we could take a break from the sweets for at least part of our stay.

The staff were courteous and professional (we needed a luggage rack, which the room didn't have, so they bought one for us the next day), but again I have to agree with the reviewer who felt the service was a bit impersonal, not surprising in such a relatively large guest house. When I asked about restaurant recommendations, I got a prepared map, as opposed to other places that have questioned me about personal preferences, price ranges, etc. It's a minor issue, but the point is that higher end b&b's set the standard so high for themselves, that you have to compare every place with your favorites--continental breakfast vs. cooked, serve yourself vs. being waited on, concierge attention vs. being given maps or lists, etc. The rates are reasonable compared to other places in Key West in season, but still the most I've every paid for any lodging, anywhere, so my expectations were bound to be high.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C0l0traveller
Reviewed February 16, 2010

My husband and I went to Key West for our first wedding anniversary back in August. We stayed at the Popular House purely based on the trip advisor recommendations! It was a lovely B&B.
PROs: The house was adoreable, the staff was very friendly. Our room was the yellow room and it was really cute! The breakfasts every morning were absolutely delicious! Fresh fruit, great coffee and usually some kind of baked treat. We ate outside in their lush garden. The house was very clean.
CONS: The only con about the B&B, was that there was no tv in the bedroom and there was no air conditioning in the house. While I knew this going into it, I really didn't realize how big of a deal it was. Dont go to Key West in August, that is the bottom line. We really like walking around and seeing sights, but in August its impossible to do that due to the heat. So, we really had nothing to do besides drink and eat which gets boring fast. We couldn't hang in our room, because there was no tv and that got boring. And we couldn't hang in the house because it was too hot w/ no air conditioning! Looking back, I think we should've stayed at a resort that had a pool if we knew the heat was going to affect our trip so much. Because truthfully, there isn't much to do in Key West - there aren't many 'sights'. I would've liked to lounge by the pool all day. I dont think I'll ever go back. While the B&B was lovely, I was not a fan of Key West. There is no beach, either. I just think its kind of boring. Beautiful, but boring.

For food, there is a small restaurant called Seven Fish that I highly recommend. It was so good! Latitudes Beach Cafe is also great for a special occasion. You get to it via a boat. Also there was a place we went for lunch called Blue Heaven I think, that was good too!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ecg24
keywestbb, Owner at Key West Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2010

August is one of the hottest months in Key West and this we cannot dispute. However we do want to clarify that all our rooms are individually air conditioned, as for the common area's they have great ceiling fans going with our big windows open wide. Welcome to tropical Key West.

Reviewed January 29, 2010

And for all you Solo Travelers who are tired of paying double occupancy rates, this is the place for you where you can get the "Nun's Room" with a twin bed and adorable for under $100 with all the perks of the house. I was there for a reunion of my travel buddies and we had three delightful rooms and hope to make it an annual event. The staff, food and service was outstanding. They will set you up with any event or attraction and make your reservations. Any problem that arises, as they do while traveling, will quickly be resolved with little effort on your part. Leave the proch light on for us; we will be back! Thank you Jody, Liz, David, Richard and staff. We love you!

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank istanbulbuddies
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I stayed in Key West B&B’s room for single travellers, AKA The Nuns Room, for a week. This room is approximately 9’x9’ and although not large is spacious enough to ensure one does not feel cramped. It is equipped with a single bed which was comfortable for me, being not too hard or soft. Beneath the bed were two storage draws. The floor is tiled and the furniture comprised bedside and low tables, a cushioned wicker chair for relaxing and set of small draws for storing small items of clothing and a hanging/shelf storage space at the end of the bed. A new looking and smooth in operation air conditioner kept the room nicely chilled when required.

The common spaces of the B&B provide more than enough room to relax being furnished with comfortable chairs and sofas and decorated with an eclectic and well chosen collection of work from local artists. Aside from the inside space there is a decked outside seating area which also encompasses a Jacuzzi, shower and sauna. Breakfast runs from 8.30 to 10.30am comprising a good selection of toast or bagels with preserves/ cream cheese, a homemade cake of the day and a varied selection of fresh fruit.

With this being the second time I have stayed at the Popular House you can tell I am impressed. It may not have the extensive staff and list of facilities of 3 to 5 star hotels but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, the social interactions, particularly for a solo traveller such as myself, and the feeling of being home from home make it in my view vastly superior to staying in some characterless and empty hotel . A stay at Key West B&B is a candidate for the list of things that money should not be able to buy.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank OneKentishMan
Reviewed January 24, 2010

For our first trip to Key West this was the best choice we could have made. We stayed in the King room right off the front desk. There was very little noise. The room was absolutely gorgeous and the common areas of the house are even better. The staff is extremely friendly fun and helpful. The location is close to everything a really easy walk to Duval street and the marina. We are booking a trip back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple