“we love this place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 12, 2014

It's been 14 years since our last trip to Florida and a stay at Key West B&B but much to our delight things haven't changed a bit....and that's a good thing! It's just as lovely, peaceful and comfortable as we remembered it. Although the weather didn't cooperate as we might have wanted, between our spacious room and the downstairs sitting area we had inviting and cozy spots to wait out mother nature. The staff couldn't be more helpful and accommodating and the breakfast couldn't be more tasty....really, I can't think of a place I'd rather have been while visiting Key West....thanks, guys!...we'll be back, soon!

Room Tip: call early, they book up fast
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I had never stayed at a B&B and were not sure what to expect. Key West B&B set our expectations high for any other B&B that we will stay at in the future!

The location is ideal - it is located on a quiet street within Old Town, and is only a few blocks from the action on Duval st., Green St., Front St. and the harbor. We enjoyed our walks around town, both on the main streets and the side streets. If you want to be somewhere where you will not need transportation that often, the Key West B&B is perfect for you as it was for us.

The house is a historic house, and is absolutely gorgeous. I never felt uncomfortable being in the B&B and often referred to it as "home" when we were headed back after a day out on the island. I knew that the B&B was at full capacity, but it never felt that way because of the openness of the B&B, along with our quiet room. Mind you since it is a historic house, expect some creaks in the wood, etc., but it is merely white noise and was never ever bothersome.

The staff was more accommodating than any hotel I have ever stayed at. We were first greeted by Lucy at the front door and brought us into the B&B. She gave us a tour of the property (with gorgeous foliage), and even helped us with activities to do around the island that we were interested in. Each day the staff greeted us and was always available for anything we needed. I am a big stickler for customer service these days (since it seems to not exist as much anymore!), and the Key West B&B staff truly exemplified what it means to provide customer service.

We stayed in the blue room since it had its own bathroom (even though it doesn't seem necessary because I had never seen anyone use the shared restrooms and were always open). The blue room had its own balcony, which was great. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the bed, which was a little hard, but my boyfriend loved the hard bed. Also, make sure that you are with someone who doesn't mind hearing you in the bathroom since the wall does not go entirely to the ceiling (it has about a two foot gap from the ceiling so you could hear, but not see). This didn't bother us, but its worth mentioning (I am not sure how room bathrooms are in other B&Bs or the bathrooms in the other rooms).

We had a GREAT breakfast and ate outside on the patio each morning. The breakfast is great and you even get to squeeze your own orange juice if you want. I loved the variety of fruit and it was actually a great time to see and talk to the other guests staying at the B&B. Everyone was so friendly.

I will definitely come back to this B&B when we vacation again in Key West. It was such a great experience and I am so glad we stayed there!

Room Tip: stay here!
2  Thank Heather S
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Unfortunately we booked late and could only stay one night.... place was absolutely clean, nice and comfortable. All the staff was extremely kind and willing to help us regarding how to move ourselves around in Key West. Next time, we will book in advance.
We parked and forgot the car until we left... really next to Duval Street you can just walk and enjoy this amazing town.

1  Thank Motipil
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Ladies, first of all, you are amazing!
Thank you for this special stay in your lovely home!
Loved our blue room and are lovely balcony.
Loved the breakfast with fresh fruit, a homemade cake every day (especially the pineapple cake!!) bagels, coffee etc.
Thank you for all your tips and help where to go!
To the B&B:
Our room was clean and large enough for 2. Only thing is if you have a personal problem with it: the bathroom wall isn`t fully closed at the top. ( we didn´t mind as you cant really here anything)
Bed for European standards a bit small, just need to cuddle up more.
Breakfast was delicious
B&B is within walking distance of Duval St. & the marina.
We rented bikes for 2 days which was also great.
Garden and jacuzzi were lovely too.
Beach towels also available as well as snorkles or hammocks.
Thank you for everything!

Room Tip: blue room was on the first floor, in the back and a lovely private balcony overlooking the garden...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Buttercup88
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Wow awesome place to stay had one week staff fantastic and breakfasts so yummy especially the breakfast cake baked every night a new recipe every morning. Great area for attractions especially Mallory Square , great girl Lucy very helpful in giving restaurants to eat in .

If we come back to Key West again we shall book in without a doubt

Room Tip: Any room in this guest house all fantastic we had a room with Four posted bed .
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed for the second year in a row...and loved it, again! Can't thank Liz, Trish and Lucy enough for making us feel so at home (Lucy is a fantasic addition to the team...I hope she stays! ;-)). The cleaning staff should also be commended as the entire place is spotless! The breakfast has many choices and something fresh baked each day. The back garden is the perfect relaxing escape. It's so helpful to have rental bikes right outside the door for that trip to the beach or other sights that aren't quite the short walk it is to Duval St. or Mallory Square and harbor. The only negative comment I can make is that the bed was little too hard for my liking. Otherwise....we can't wait to be back!

Room Tip: We've stayed in the King room and the Blue room...both very nice and have private baths. King ro...
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I spent Christmas week at the Key West B&B. This is my second time staying at this property. Liz makes the guests feel welcome and and it's more like staying at a friend's house. The bikes are a necessity and I recommend renting from Key West B&B. Lucy was very helpful on restaurant suggestions. Get the snapper at Schooner Wharf bar. Get a lobster roll at Eaton Street market - block away.

Spend a relaxed day at Fort Zachary Taylor. The snorkeling is not bad. Don't get too close to the lion fish.

Can't beat the price and location in Key West. 5 blocks from Duval and 2 blocks from the
harbor with several restaurants and bars.

Lastly - enjoy the hot tub at night after a hard day of playing.

Matt - Franklin, TN