“Relax in Popular House”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Manchester, UK
“Relax in Popular House”
Reviewed February 9, 2008

Very homely feel to our stay in KW B & B.
Nice outdoor breakfast area with good selection of fresh fruits.
We took one of the rooms without private bathroom, but this did not prove a problem. There are no TVs or radios at this B & B & helps to keep the noise down in this old house.
Biggest asset is probably the friendly staff who were able to help & advise guests.

• Liked — Location, price and staff
  • Disliked — The coffee !!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Narrabeam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
New York, NY
Reviewed February 5, 2008

Had an absolutely fabulous stay.

Will have to admit that when I first saw all of the great reviews on TripAdvisor, there was some skepticism - "was it possible?".
It was. And totally worth it.

The house is gorgeous and totally spotless - what made it more comfortable than most B&B's is that the owners don't live in the actual space, so you never felt like you were invading someone's home. Great common areas - beautiful outdoor deck/patio and I lived in the hammock on the second floor balcony porch.

My friends and I rented two rooms - both with private baths although I would have no qualms staying in a room with a shared bath in the future. One room was on the 2nd floor, towards the back of the house, the "Yellow Room". Loved the french doors that opened on the private deck and the room was incredibly comfortable. The second room was on the 3rd floor towards the front of the house and was very spacious and open.

The location was perfect - just far enough from Duval, Mallory Square, etc. to avoid the crowds and the noise, but close enough so you can walk everywhere you wanted to go. Bikes were available to rent on a daily basis.

But without a doubt, it was the staff that made this stay most enjoyable - yes, the house was great, the location ideal - but the staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and give us the inside scoop on what to do/where to go; quite honestly, they are really fun, cool people who you would want to have a bottle of wine with. I also noticed they were very aware of the different needs and interests of all of the guests, and always took this into account when providing recommendations.

They made every effort to ensure our vacation was a vacation and it was because of them we had such a wonderful time.

• Liked — The staff and the rooms. And the 2nd floor hammock.
  • Disliked — I can honestly say there is nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jenx00
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2008

A nice B&B with a great location and exceptional staff. We stayed in Mo's room which was one of the rooms with out an ensuite bath. Although this is the first time I have stayed in a room without a connecting bath, I found this to not be a problem. Four rooms share two baths and one was always available when we needed it. Our room was on the small side and fairly noisy. It faced the front of the street, as well as adjoined the balcony and we could hear street noise or people sitting on the balcony very clearly. If you like to sleep in, I would request a room toward the back of the house, although I would suspect that most of the rooms are subject to the noise of other guests and the street due to the age of the house. On the plus side though, the home is lovely and has many common areas in which to relax. The staff of the B&B, as others reported, are excellent, probably the best that I have ever experienced at any type of lodging. The location is great for experiencing Key West, being a few blocks in all directions from most points of interest. For pricey Key West, it would be hard to beat this place. I know that I will be back.

• Liked — location, price and staff
  • Disliked — room size and noise
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pagirl11
NJ
Reviewed January 26, 2008

The Key West Bed and Breakfast is in a class of its own. The house is absolutely beautiful! We instantly felt at home in the relaxing setting whether we were enjoying the nice breeze floating throughout the house or reading a book on the hamock. The house is only 2 blocks from busy Duval Street and is situated on quiet street so you can have the best of two worlds. Breakfast was out of this world! The table is covered in fresh fruits, cakes, fresh bagels, and oranges so you can squeeze your own orange juice! The staff are wonderful people who love their jobs and enjoy answering any questions that you may have.

• Liked — It was very relaxing, everyone was nice, and the house was very very clean!
  • Disliked — No comlaints everything was perfect
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed January 21, 2008

We arrived at the B&B in the early afternoon. We had some difficulty finding street parking, but after a couple of laps around the street, we found a spot. The front desk staff was extremely accomodating and welcoming. We had to carry our luggage up three flights of stairs, which was a somewhat trying start to our stay, but I suppose that is what happens in a B&B. Our third floor room was clean and the A/C worked well. The property is centrally located, and a quick walk to all of the hot spots. We loved the morning breakfast and enjoyed cakes, bagels, fruit and fresh-squeezed OJ in a secluded area of the backyard. Although we agree that we like the privacy of hotels, this B&B is a good alternative.

• Liked — breakfast, back yard
  • Disliked — stairs
  • Stayed January 2008
1 Thank Laura8636
cleveland,tennessee 37312
Reviewed December 29, 2007

What can a person say about the fab place! Let me tell you all something...if you ever get a chance this is the place to stay...my gosh, I was totally blowed away by the place....I felt like I was someone special and I only got to stay for 2 nights, but this was one vacation that I will never forget! I have stayed at some classy places, but nothing like this...imagine yourself stranded on a island, then all of a sudden this beautiful home appears out of nowhere....the breeze, the atomsphere, the food, the cleaniness, the service, but most of all the PEOPLE. Everyone was so gosh darn nice, so welcoming in making you feel like you were a movie star or someone famous or whatever....your heart desired. The moment I arrived I thought that I had died and went to heaven. I loved the house, the rooms, the FOOD, the hot tub, every single thing about it. Believe me when I get a chance I am going back for a LONG vacation and talk about peacefulness, where else could you go if not to the Keys. I've done the cruise thing, beach condo's and houses, but in all of my life this is one memory that I will carry till my dying day. Everyone at the Key West B & B (or The Popular House) as some calls it should receive an award from the Chamber of Commerce. I just wish that I was still there or planning a trip back really soon. Thank you for everything, you guys ROCK! Gayle Dotson/Cleveland, TN

• Liked — The food, the house and the people.
  • Disliked — Nothing...everything was perfect.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank sistergayle
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 20, 2007

Having stayed twice at The Popular House (Key West Bed and Breakfast) on Williams Street in Key West, I can recommend this beautiful, relaxing, colorful place. It is located in the heart of the Old Town of Key West, but only a few short blocks walk to busy, sometimes loud Duvall Street. Quiet, tree lined streets with one lovely, old "Conch" style house after another--all painted in pretty pastels with gingerbread woodwork and front porches. The breakfast at The Popular House is set in a brightly painted Caribbean colors kitchen--fresh bread and muffins every morning with baskets of beautiful, ripe fruit, coffee and tea which you carry out to the rear patio surrounded with tropical vegetation. You won't want to leave!

• Liked — The atmosphere; artwork on display; the location.
  • Disliked — No objections whatsoever. Just relaxing and wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple