“WORST establishment in KEY WEST”

Frances Street Bottle Inn
Ranked #63 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Where to begin? Let me just say that I have NEVER posted anything in my life, but this experience was so AWFUL, I had to write something. Let's start at the source.

The Owner:
The owner is constantly drunk and when he isn't drunk he is apologizing for his ludicrous behavior from previous encounters.(now the name "Bottle Inn" makes more sense) I have never seen, nor heard anything like this in my 28 years. This drunkard had to apologize to me personally, and my friends several times. But this is only the tip of the ice burg. This guy has no class, self respect or manners. I am still shocked to see all these positive reviews after having such miserable experience. The fact that this establishment is still open is astonishing to me. Several times his aid had to come trailing after him and apologize for his distasteful remarks.

Rooms/Bathrooms:
The bed was actually comfortable, however when you book a room that is a King and get a queen you tend to be upset, but that is not why we are here.
If you like stained comforters that seem like they weren't washed since the 1990's, then you should stay here.
If you like using the same towel for 4 days b/c there is no service or towel exchange, you should stay here.
The shower (which was 2ftx3ft) has a nice feature that make you feel like you are in prison. Not only is the shower grimy (I had to wear sandals in the shower as I was nervous to get some foot fungus) but you also get to choose your shower temperature. The options are COLD or ICE COLD.
The only positive her is that they had plumbing and running water.

Breakfast:
If you like not eating breakfast at a BnB then this is your place.
The "spread" consisted of mangled fruit. 3 stale bagels and 4 pasties. I'm not a math genius, but my party alone would have easily finished all that in a matter of minutes. So this BnB can't even supply a full breakfast for all of its customers.
Not to mention the house was constantly trashed. I guess the owner named it the bottle inn b/c of all the open containers that were left around this house.

People on Trip Adviser. I am not a complainer, and I never post things, but this is why Trip Adviser is so useful. Hopefully you will read this and NOT STAY HERE.
The owner needs to go to AA and maybe a Dale Carnegie course or two before he opens his doors for business.

DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE NICE VIDEOS OF THE ROOM, THAT BY FAR IS THE BEST PART ABOUT THE ENTIRE BnB.

Oh yea, the location is good. But everything else was the worst I have ever seen.
Thank you for your time, I hope this review will help you on your Key West Trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
14  Thank J B

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The only nice thing about this b&b was Marks personality (Owner). The sheets had never been changed upon arrival(Hair, crumbs, stains),dirty clothes in drawers, ants all over nightstand, old food under morning a lacarte bkfst, cig butts and empty beer cans all over patio into overnite. Absolutly no cleanliness and to fnish it off my fiance completely believes she had money taken out of room. I could believe bcuz just as the previous reviewer says they were all drunk everyday and who knows if u can trust anyone. Its a shame bcuz for the price theres much better places and it ruined my fiance`s wknd.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank handsmoffcr
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before but thanks to Mark we will never stay anywhere else. Great location, as it was within walking/biking distance to everything. Our room was very comfortable and breakfast was delicious! I can say enough....we checked in as guest and checked out as friends....thanks Mark!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Location, location, location. In the center of Key West's old town, we found the Frances Street Bottle Inn the perfect B&B for a long weekend getaway. Surrounded by fabulous restaurants and near all the interesting places in Key West we could not have been happier. We brought our bicycles and were able to get everywhere in minutes. Heck, right across the street was one of the hidden gems of a restaurant in Key West.

The owner was very friendly and interested in us having a great time. Like any place, if you look close enough you can find little things out of place or not up to your expectations, but that's not the spirit of Key West.

I recommend this place and we will return.

Room Tip: Great if you have to bring a pet. If no pet, ask for a room upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

What can I add to my sister's reveiw but "here here!" Mark made us feel right at home with leisurely chats on the front porch. Though we were near everything that we wanted to see, the street was quiet and neighborly...some of the neighbors stopped by to visit awhile with Mark. Only request is some gluten free goodies as the "regular" baked items looked delicious.
Thank you Mark for taking us in on our Florida excursion and I hope to be back again one day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia B
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My sister and I stayed here during our two day visit to Key West. What a true retreat it was and is. The Inn is tucked away on a quiet street within walking distance to everthing we wanted to do. Mark was an extremely gracious and helpful host. It was fun sittting on the porch talking and learning about the area. All the eateries he suggested were "spot on". When I had run out of energy it felt so comfortable to just hang out on the porch and in our room. Our room was clean, and very bright and cheerful ( and cool....important in June). Beds were comfy, breakfast good. I felt very much at home there. When I return to Key West with my husband, I will make this Inn my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslie G
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My experience makes it hard to understand the rave reviews! I booked by a third Party, with a great recommenations for a wonderful B & B. On arrival in the afternoon, drove by the place several times looking for a better looking home from the pictures. Does not look anything like the pictures, very over grown and in bad shape. Porch area was a mess, dirty furniture, papers etc. all over the place. I located the owner drinking on the verandah with several other quests, all very Friendly. However, when shown to our room, I was shocked, nothing looked like it does on line in the pictures. We stayed in room #6 as we have a small dog, and I guess the lower level rooms are for dog owners. NO FOUR POSTER BED with pretty bed linens, instead hard as rock bed with an orange stripped bed spread. very dingy room, handicap bathroom. I was so disappointed. We had originally scheduled to stay 2 nights, Needless to say we did not stay the second night! There was no breakfast to speak of, if you consider hard bagels, hard boiled eggs, ham and cheese a good breakfast then this is the place for you.
Room Tip: TERRIBLE NOT WORTH THE MONEY would not recommend.

Room Tip: There are no good tips to this place, do not stay here
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple