“Great place to stay in the heart of Key West”

Amsterdam's Curry Mansion Inn
Ranked #7 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 9, 2007

We stayed at the end of January. Our room was spacious and nicely appointed with a mix of K.W. style (wicker) and a beautiful bedcover and topping on the four poster bed, which was very comfortable. The evening cocktail hour was a nice respite and even with the chilly evenings, heaters on the patio made it comfortable. It (and breakfast served there) make it a great place to meet other guests and share siteseeing and restaurant experiences. The best part is the location - a half block from Duval St. and two blocks from Front St and the waterfront. We parked the car once and never used it again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank MadCTsailors

Reviewed February 1, 2007

The Curry Mansion Inn is a beautiful historic building off Caroline Street/Duval. My wife and I stayed here for 1 night in January. Most hotels within walking distance are all expensive, so pay a few extra bucks to stay here for the location and the 'extra's.

Rooms: Good. Very large, yet basic.
Location: Excellent. Only 1/2 block to Duval. 2 blocks to Mallory Square...location of nightly Sunset Celebration.
Happy Hour: Great free happy hour with open bar, beer, snacks, and live music.
Breakfast: Good cooked to order breakfast. Nothing extravagant, but very good.

Again, it's worth it to pay the few extra dollars to stay here and get a free happy hour, breakfast, and WALK everywhere in Key West, as opposed to saving a few dollars and having to try to park (impossible), taxi (expensive), or bus (crowded and slow).

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank nc_travelguy
Reviewed January 18, 2007

While I had been to FL numerous times, I was insistent that this trip to FL would include an overnight in Key West. I was so disappointed that I had to leave Key West...and the Curry Mansion.

We called from the road to see what rooms were available at several properties, and my guidebook mentioned the hotel - they couldn't have been nicer in taking my friend and me in on less than 4 hours notice.

Our room was in the "twin" mansion building directly across the street: the air/fan were on, a welcome snack was there, and the place had it's own hot tub and private porch for us to relax on.

The decor in the main house is amazing, and worth the tour - I too concur with the lady whom mentioned gaining weight on the trip - the happy hour and breakfast was terrific...very relaxed around the pool...a very congenial and relaxed staff...

Do hit Mallory Square about 45 minutes before sunset, and eat at one of the many places in town - we went to one place in Bahama Village which has outdoor al fresco dining...and walk the streets of Duval and Old Town in total safety and confidence.

I would definitely recommend, the inn is well worth the convenience and the trip to Key West is a must-do...

PS - if you get to go - at the Key Lime Pie Factory, the Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie on a Stick is SO worth the $4 I would fly there now to get it!

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank TheBigHammer
Reviewed January 9, 2007

There are only two downsides to this great place. Due to it's proximity to Duval, noise can be an issue, but the hum of the air conditioner made it almost unnoticeable. The other is the cooked to order breakfast and the open bar cocktail party every evening. I gained weight. I would definately stay there again and have no hesitation recommending it to my friends. You can't beat the location for walking convenience to almost anywhere. Edith Amsterdam is a very colorful host and a delight to converse with. The mansion itself is quite the collection of art and antiques and is open to the guests to tour almost as they wish. I will definately stay there again.

3  Thank Flyndrive
Reviewed January 7, 2007

My wife and I have stayed at The Curry Mansion Inn more times than I can exactly remember (12+ times) we also got married there in 1999. We have also stayed at other properties in Key West but always return here This past Thanksgiving after a few years absence (kids in college) we returned to Curry Mansion. It was if we had never been gone. Suzanne is the most helpful person and pointed us in the right directions when American Airlines lost our luggage. We highly recommend the room over the kitchen in the main house, it is large, has two bathrooms and a wonderful private porch over the pool/common area, you also get a wonderful breeze through the room. If there is one problem with staying at the Mansion it's that time passes much too quickly.

• Stayed: November 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank KeywestBob
Reviewed July 6, 2006

Have lived in SW FL for many years and one of our favorite getaways is Key West. We found the Curry Mansion in Feb 06 and have stayed there twice now. I would highly recommend this B&B. The rooms are average (good) and the amenities are fantastic! A full breakfast that includes a chef to cook up your omelet. Fresh coffee, tea, juice - bagels, fruit, cereal etc...served from 8-10 am. Happy hour is from 5-7 pm. with a full open bar and light entertainment. All of this is included with the price of the room - which in Key West is a real bargain! Try checking the prices at hotels - way more and no amenities. This establishment has on site parking - a big plus (no extra chg). And you are just steps from Duval Street and all the "fun" stuff. We will return to Curry Mansion.... happily.

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed May 7, 2006

I stayed two nights this past weekend at the Curry Mansion Inn on Caroline Street. This was my first bed and breakfast experience, but what a great place to stay!

We booked the Deluxe Bedroom with King bed. Our room wasn't in the main house but by the pool. The room was very simple, but clean and had everything we would need. It had a hairdryer, an iron, shampoo samples, large bathroom shower.

The location is fantastic. You are 1/2 a block from Duval on the best section, on the same block as Sloppy Joes, Fogartys, across from The Bull, and a 3 block walk to Mallory Square. I loved how close to the action we were, and yet once you turned the corner onto Caroline street and went the 20 ft to the Curry Mansion, it was dead quiet. I couldn't believe how close to the action and yet how quiet our bedroom was.

The included breakfast was a nice surprise, with made to order omlettes, fresh baked breads, fresh fruit, cereal, bacon, hash browns etc.

The pool is tiny, but clean and good for a quick dip. Parking is free which is fabulous! Internet access was nice, I checked into my return flight and printed out my boarding pass early!

The staff at Curry Mansion went above and beyond the call of duty for the bride (we were all in Key West for a wedding). The bride couldn't find a drycleaners in Key West that would press her dress in less than 2 days, so the Curry mansion staff went out and bought an industrial steamer for her to use, and said "we needed on anyway." Also the bride had used her credit card to book rooms for some of her friends. Well 2 days before the wedding, one of her friends cancels, she can't make it. The curry mansion staff didn't charge the bride for this room, which I thought was very nice.

Overall we loved the Curry Mansion and will definately stay here when we return to Key West!

• Stayed: May 2006