“Best of everything in a B&B you can have!!!”

Amsterdam's Curry Mansion Inn
Ranked #8 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Best of everything in a B&B you can have!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Between the location, free happy hour, free parking, an actual breakfast, the view from the widow's walk and the cleanliness of the entire mansion this is the best place to stay in KW. As for staff...so nice, sweet and extremely accommodating. They allowed us to check in at 11 cause the room wasn't in use and allowed us to check out an hour late.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank WPB_visitors

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Nashville, Indiana
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Curry Mansion from Aug 7 to Aug13th and loved it!! The Mansion is the perfect location to walk to everything. My husband sure enjoyed the breakfast every morning while I slept in. Happy Hour with wonderful music in the evening was very nice a great place to meet the other guests staying there as well. Already booked for next year Lobsterfest is going to be a yearly event from now on and YES we will be booked at The Curry Mansion. Thanks again for a making our trip perfect!!
Bob & Dinah Gredy

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dinah2411
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay ....I'm not a big bb fan..our room was wonderful ...we did have unexpected guess in the morning.lol..but it's the keys..the location is just walking distance of all the happening s of key west...I would love to come back stay at the mansion again

• Stayed July 2013
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Oh what a B&B! The staff was extremely nice, they booked tours for us, gave us very nice tips for restaurants, places to go etc.! Our room was very nice and elegant. The bed was very comfy! A very big bonus for free cocktail hour, free parking and free laundry machines! In addition the Inn was close to everything! We will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We just returned from another wonderful trip to KW, including another wonderful stay at the Curry Mansion. This is a historical B&B located in old town which is within walking distance to most of what KW has to offer. The charming B&B is well maintained and rooms are very clean. The inn does provide a very nice breakfast and the happy hour is a great time to sit for a few minutes, enjoy a nice drink while recapping the days events or listening to the piano player. We have stayed at the Curry numerous times, and have always been pleased.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the mansion, across the street, and in the annex around pool. All the rooms have...
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Beautifully decorated place with such a rich history! I especially loved the Widow's Walk and the beautiful view. The people working there were very nice and I especially appreciated Samura sharing a piece of cake with me and my sweet tooth! I love the decorating for the 4th of July and the hot dogs and hamburgers that went along with Happy Hour that night. Speaking of Happy Hour, my one complaint...I am a beer drinker and Budweiser--not even Bud Light, yuck! So unfortunately I could not enjoy that aspect of this B&B. Our room: Nice but...backs right onto Duval Street establishments which was a problem for two reasons. 1) construction right behind our room starting at 7:00 AM with saws, jackhammers etc.2) I kid you not, one night at 3:00 AM, someone from Fogarty's decided to blast music as loud as it could go! After our third of four nights there, Stephen, who was very nice and helpful, happened to ask me how our room was and it was then I mentioned the construction. Not realizing they could do anything about it, he assured me he would--and he did! Unfortunately we weren't asked earlier about our room, because I would have been happy to tell if asked. Next time, I will come back but be clear about which room we want. One other suggestion, more hooks in bathroom (on back of door perhaps) and maybe another shelf to hold our stuff. Some things we loved: the refreshing, clean pool at the end of a hot day, the water machine, coffee all day, HH snacks and music.One suggestion to the people here, the bike rental across the street is expensive. Eaton Bikes down the road is a much better deal and will deliver and pick up. You ought to be suggesting them instead!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side street and if you don't like steep stairs, downstairs.
3 Thank ronjoduffy
Olmsted Falls, OH
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I struggle with the claustrophobic and communal aspects of B&B's, but was not disappointed at all with this spot.

Stayed here Fourth of July night, as this was about the only place that would rent for one night and not as the whole four day weekend. That was greatly appreciated.

I stayed on the recs of three (much younger) couples from my community who have been here. There was a great diversity of guests here, all nice folks.

It's adjacent to the heart of the Duval party scene, which I like from a convenience aspect, but which concerned me from a sleep standpoint (assuming I'd try to get to bed prior to midnight...which I didn't...), but you couldn't here a thing from Sloppy Joes, Fogartys, etc. The wall AC creates some good 'white noise,' which helped I am sure.

Stayed in 107 which is a deluxe. Good size room, two queen beds, vanity mirror and makeup area (which you women will love), decent size bathroom, albeit with a smallish sink and light shower water pressure.

Happy hour and breakfast were above average. Contrary to an earlier review, I found they had a lot to snack on at the former. Lot of room on the porch and in seating by the pool so one could spread out. Coffee is always on brew, and they have a water machine, too.

The house is a gem! So much history--you really need to dedicate 30-60 minutes to absorb it all. I loved the vintage toy closet, the old pictures/maps of Key West, and of course the Widow's Walk. A nice, quick one night stay