“Lovely Place but choose room carefully!”

Amsterdam's Curry Mansion Inn
Ranked #8 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Beautifully decorated place with such a rich history! I especially loved the Widow's Walk and the beautiful view. The people working there were very nice and I especially appreciated Samura sharing a piece of cake with me and my sweet tooth! I love the decorating for the 4th of July and the hot dogs and hamburgers that went along with Happy Hour that night. Speaking of Happy Hour, my one complaint...I am a beer drinker and Budweiser--not even Bud Light, yuck! So unfortunately I could not enjoy that aspect of this B&B. Our room: Nice but...backs right onto Duval Street establishments which was a problem for two reasons. 1) construction right behind our room starting at 7:00 AM with saws, jackhammers etc.2) I kid you not, one night at 3:00 AM, someone from Fogarty's decided to blast music as loud as it could go! After our third of four nights there, Stephen, who was very nice and helpful, happened to ask me how our room was and it was then I mentioned the construction. Not realizing they could do anything about it, he assured me he would--and he did! Unfortunately we weren't asked earlier about our room, because I would have been happy to tell if asked. Next time, I will come back but be clear about which room we want. One other suggestion, more hooks in bathroom (on back of door perhaps) and maybe another shelf to hold our stuff. Some things we loved: the refreshing, clean pool at the end of a hot day, the water machine, coffee all day, HH snacks and music.One suggestion to the people here, the bike rental across the street is expensive. Eaton Bikes down the road is a much better deal and will deliver and pick up. You ought to be suggesting them instead!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side street and if you don't like steep stairs, downstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ronjoduffy

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I struggle with the claustrophobic and communal aspects of B&B's, but was not disappointed at all with this spot.

Stayed here Fourth of July night, as this was about the only place that would rent for one night and not as the whole four day weekend. That was greatly appreciated.

I stayed on the recs of three (much younger) couples from my community who have been here. There was a great diversity of guests here, all nice folks.

It's adjacent to the heart of the Duval party scene, which I like from a convenience aspect, but which concerned me from a sleep standpoint (assuming I'd try to get to bed prior to midnight...which I didn't...), but you couldn't here a thing from Sloppy Joes, Fogartys, etc. The wall AC creates some good 'white noise,' which helped I am sure.

Stayed in 107 which is a deluxe. Good size room, two queen beds, vanity mirror and makeup area (which you women will love), decent size bathroom, albeit with a smallish sink and light shower water pressure.

Happy hour and breakfast were above average. Contrary to an earlier review, I found they had a lot to snack on at the former. Lot of room on the porch and in seating by the pool so one could spread out. Coffee is always on brew, and they have a water machine, too.

The house is a gem! So much history--you really need to dedicate 30-60 minutes to absorb it all. I loved the vintage toy closet, the old pictures/maps of Key West, and of course the Widow's Walk. A nice, quick one night stay

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

One of the best places to stay in Key West. The beauty of the mansion is awesome. The staff was great. Everything was clean. Breakfast was one of the best I've had. Enjoyed the 2 hour cocktail hour with open bar, just wished they had a little better variety of snacks. This is a perfect location if you want to visit Duvall St or Mallory Square for sunset. Also most of the water activities are within walking distance as well as many of the restaurants. The only thing I would suggest is if you are traveling by car, bring your own pillow. Not sure if all the rooms had the same pillows, but wasn't so bad I asked for something different. If you stay somewhere else and pay more money, you have cheated yourself. Looking forward to a return visit and will definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: Stayed by the pool, which was also the breakfast-cocktail area. Convenient to just walk out and sit...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a great time staying at this historic property. The rooms are clean, the breakfast and happy hour are great, it is really nice to be able to meet the others staying here. Happy Hour is especially nice, having the open bar and the piano music by the pool. It is also in a great location, steps away from Duval Street. We drove down, and never had to move our car, we were able to walk everwhere. All the people who worked there were extremely friendly and helpful, they made dinner reservations for us when we needed them to. The only downside I found was I wish they had a little shelf in the bathroom, which is really not a complaint at all since they do have an extra sink and vanity area in the bedroom, its just something I would have liked. My husbands complaint was the towels weren't soft. We would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: We had room 112 and it was perfect.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The House is a historic property. It has collection of historic items to enjoy.

The rooms are clean and well taken care of.

The breakfast was great. You could choose eggs, omelets, cereal, bagels, fresh fruits, coffee, orange juice.

The happy hour is open bar and they have music by the pool.

The location is right around Fogarty's and in the heart of Duval.

I highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed 4 nights this past weekend. The place is great, we loved every aspect of it. The location was perfect, rooms were clean, quiet, well cared for. Staff was very nice and willing to help. Breakfast was wonderful, happy hour at the end of the day was great. Our room was opening to the pool and we will be back.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was the first time we stayed at Curry Mansion Inn. We have traveled a lot in our life, and I have to say this was the best place I ever stayed. The rooms are clean, look brand new, and are spacious. They have beautiful wicker furniture, a large bathroom, an extra sink in the bedroom. There was a mini fridge, and table & chairs. Nice TV for those of you who watch TV on vacation! The location of the inn was fabulous. It was only one house down from the famous Duval Street, and only 3-4 blocks from Mallory Square, where the famous Sunset Celebration is. Our room was quiet, yet it opened right to the pool area. There were tables and chairs under umbrellas throughout the pool area. There is a washer & dryer and detergent, free on charge, tucked away out there too. They offer a free hot breakfast every morning in the pool area. Made to order omelets, bacon, sausage, hash browns, lots of pastries etc. It was delicious!! Also between 5-7PM, they offer a free happy hour. Again, this is in the pool area. It's "make your own drinks" and they have a large assortment. They also had high quality snacks. Cheese & crackers, veggies and dip, pepperoni & summer sausage, and nuts, chips & salsa, a whole lot of good stuff. The heated pool itself was wonderful! Easy to get in & out of (for us older folks!), clean, water perfect. The mansion is like a big beautiful museum. You could tour it and it was fabulous. 3 floors and a widow's walk. There was plenty of free, on site parking, which is a huge plus in Key West. We loved everything about this place and were sad to leave. Five stars in my book!!