“quiet, but leaves room for improvement”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Conch House Heritage Inn
Ranked #4 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Chicago
“quiet, but leaves room for improvement”
Reviewed August 21, 2006

Carribbean Room is small but quiet, bathroom lightning is much to be desired as is water pressure, convenient to Duval street, Bicycle rental is a DEAL from property...$ 15.00 for two bikes @v24 hour rental is bestdeal in town

• Liked — proxomity to Duval street, bicycle rentals
  • Disliked — size of room, shower accomodations
  • Tips/Secrets — better deals can be found at other places
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank markp2126

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 14, 2006

We are just back from the conch house in key west where my husband and I stayed for 4 nights. After a long, cold, and busy winter we were excited to get away and do NOTHING!!! The conch house was wonderful. Our room was clean, comfortable and roomy. The bathroom was beautiful (we stayed in the cayo hueso room). In the morning we would go down the backstairs into the kitchen to get coffee and banana bread then proceed to the upstairs porch to sip coffee and watch the day begin. It was heaven. The pool was wonderful and private and we never moved too far from it. Key West is beautiful, albeit noisy and busy anymore, but tucked behind the fence by the pool you hardly notice. Keep an ear out for Mr. Scotty, the 88 year old crossing guard. What a character and one of the things that makes Key West interesting. The Conch House is a wonderful reprieve. It feels just like home with all the comforts, wonderful breakast, and I certainly don't want the forget the girls working there. They were so sweet and helpful and made our stay that much nicer. We will certainly be back!! One more thing, if you forget your trashy beach novel, they have a whole bookcase of light reads.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank Cosmicgirlgoes
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2006

My wife and I spent 4 wonderful nights at the Conch House during the first week in July. We stayed in the Tropical Room of the Delaney House, which is the smaller house adjacent to the main house. Everything was clean and beautiful. Lots of windows let in A LOT of Florida sunshine. The home was beautifully decorated and looked much like I would imagine it did over 100 years ago. The bedroom and bath were such that the history has been preserved but also include all of the modern day comforts you would want from a hotel or inn. The breakfast served poolside every morning was GREAT! I read previously about the banana bread and it was as described and more. The staff were all wonderful as well. They were always ready with a smile to help with making a dinner reservation or a suggestion of some place great to eat. One other great asset of the Conch House is the location (on U.S. 1, just a block and a half from Duval St.). My wife and I had no need to use the rental car from the time we arrived to the time that we left. Everything that you would want to see in Key West is within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
nottingham, england
Reviewed January 18, 2006

This hotel is beautiful and has a nice feel to it. Rooms are lovely and very clean/comfortable. It is pricely - but so is Key West! I would return but out of season to get the best rates. Location is great and just a short walk to Duval street but far away enough to ignore it also!! we hired bikes from the hotel - great thing to do! lovely breakfast as well.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank kirkyT
Carmel, Indiana USA
Reviewed January 4, 2006

My wife, her mother, and I traveled to Key West where we stayed two nights right after Christmas at this charming B&B. We were greeted by a beautiful young lady named Isabelle who went out of her way to personally welcome us and explain what to see while in Keywest. She then took us to our rooms. My mother-in-law stayed in the Boca Grande room while my wife and I stayed in the Havana room. Both rooms were beautifully furnished with lovely antiques. The Boca Grande was the larger of the two rooms with a sitting area and a queen size bed. It is one of the loveliest rooms I have ever seen and we have stayed in B&Bs across this country and Europe. My wife and I chose our room because it had a king bed. The rooms like the entire house make you feel like you are back in another, more elegant and relaxed time. We enjoyed setting outside on the side porch in the morning while we had our breakfast. Again, the whole B&B is charming, and wonderfully maintained. And, the entire staff starting with the owner make you feel extremely welcomed and do all they can to make sure you enjoy both Key West and the Conch House. One other thing I liked was the location. It is very close to Duval Street, yet far less busy. There is some traffic noise due the convenient location, but we slept very well. I would highly recommend the Conch House. By the way, this was our first time in Key West and we had a blast!

• Stayed December 2005
5 Thank tomhervey
winter springs florida
Reviewed December 5, 2005

Found the Conch House to be very well maintained and comfortable. The hosts are very helpful and friendly. I was worried about the traffic on Truman, but found it not to interfere with my good nights sleep. We had the downstairs room, which is really a suite with sitting area. It had a very comfortable bed and nice linens. The breakfast was very good-crusty bread, muffins, fruit, juice and coffee. It is also close to Duval Street and many restaurants. My only complaint was a perfumy smell, due to a deodorizer somewhere in the room.

Stayed December 2005
4 Thank misscarol
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 15, 2005

We stayed at the Conch House for 3 nights during our honeymoon to Florida and we couldn’t have been more pleased. Having always stayed in nice hotels we were a bit weary about staying at a bed and breakfast. The experience couldn’t have been better or more relaxing. We had the luxury of staying in the Marquesas room, it was by far the best room on the property. It’s in a separate building next to the pool, on the second floor, complete with a private balcony and vaulted ceilings. Even though the inn was full during most of our stay, we had the pool to ourselves. The water was warm and the pool stays open all night. This was definitely a plus. Breakfast by the pool with fresh baked banana bread, blueberry muffins and fresh OJ was wonderful. The staff was extremely nice and it was nice to get to know some of the other guests in a more intimate setting. My husband and I laughed because the soda machine was selling drinks for 50 cents, now that is something you do not see very often. Duval Street is a short walk away. Honestly, we were very disappointed with Key West, had it not been for how much we enjoyed the Conch House, we would have left early. We highly recommend the Conch House!!!! Our family members have stayed there numerous times and keep going back.

• Stayed October 2005