“Loved the cabana”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Conch House Heritage Inn
Ranked #4 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife and I recently returned from a 5 day stay at the Conch House. We both thought this place was just perfect. Everything was very clean. The staff was very warm and friendly. The breakfast was nice...fresh fruit, coffee, juice, delicious little homemade muffins/breads still warm from the oven. It wasn't huge, but who wants to fill up on a big breakfast everyday when you have an island full of restaurants. We stayed in the little cabana by the pool which was perfect for us. We had a couple of late nights on Duval. However we didn't feel like we were disturbing anyone as we were coming or going given that it was separate from the main house. The location was great...very close to Duval, yet very quiet and relaxing. The pool was nice. They keep fresh beach towels close by. Best of all, we got all of this at a very reasonable price. I have already referred a couple of friends. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank glmick1

Reviewed June 6, 2012

This was our first experience with a B&B and it was very nice. I'm usually a Hilton person but this inn came highly recommended by a friend and it was just as they described it would be. The pictures and video of the rooms on their website are very accurate so you can see what you are getting. The staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was good, and the location was ideal to Duval St. We will stay here again when we go back to Key West. We stayed in the Delaney Suite which was very nice. I do agree with one writer that it would be nice if all the doors and windows had coverings, I'm not overly modest so I didn't care about coming out of the bathroom naked and walking to the bedroom but I can see why some people might have an issue.

Room Tip: Delaney Suite has a nice private porch/patio area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveling M
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We have stayed at the Conch House multiple times over the past quite a few years, but this last time, it has mostly lost its charm for my husband and I. It is convenient to Duvall St, and it is clean and cute. Here's where it went wrong for us....We stayed in the Delaney suite, which is very nice. It has it's own kitchen, and also a nice porch and deck. Unfortunately the kitchen and bathroom had an ant problem and we had to toss some of our food because the ants got in it. We did go ask for some bug spray and were told they would spray for us while we were out, but it didn't seem to help. The Delaney backs up to a couple other rooms, and the walls are obviously very thin, because I would have sworn someone in the next room was moving furniture until almost midnight one night. So maybe the upstairs room with no adjoining rooms would be a better choice.

The lady working the front office is extremely nice and informative, and gladly gave us many recommendations for restaurants, which proved to be good ones. The rest of the staff we came in contact with were ok, but not overly friendly. Parking can sometimes be an issue. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. It is free, but for a bed and BREAKFAST, you might expect something a little more special. There is a small selection of fresh fruit and cereal, and some muffins and breads.

We also had a slight issue with the lack of window coverings in our suite. There are numerous doors and windows along the front and side of the room, and only one has a sheer curtain. So if you might want to walk around not fully dressed or do anything else somewhere other than the bedroom, don't! Also, the bathroom isn't attached directly to the bedroom, so don't come out of the shower uncovered!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LucyB772
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This is a nice, clean B&B, & the price was right for us traveling in May 2012. It's 2 blocks from Duval Street & in walking distance from many things. My husband and I stayed in the Heritage one night. It was on the 2nd floor of main house. Spacious room & private bathroom, but were detached. I did not like that because of the inconvenience. The second nIght we stayed in the Casa Cabana, next to the pool, which is separate from the main house. It was tropical & quaint with an attached bathroom. I liked this much better. However, the full size bed doesn't accommodate a 6'3" person. Complimentary, continental breakfast 0830-1030. Pleasant staff. AAA approved. Accepts AAA discount, but must book over phone. Small parking lot. Will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This was our second time at the Conch House. The Inn and grounds are immaculate. We stayed in the Heritage room which has a private (and lockable) bath located across the hall. Laura and Hillary do a very nice job making guests feel at home. Most of our days were spent sitting by the pool. More often than not we were the only people poolside, and it felt like we had our own private house -- completely relaxing! The second floor porch overlooking Truman Ave. was also a nice spot to unwind after a night on Duval St. Honestly, the only potential issue I can see some people having with the Conch House is that breakfast tends to be a bit heavy on the carbs. Don't get me wrong -- I scarfed down the homemade banana bread, hard boiled eggs, coffee cake, and fruit (they all are delicious), but if you're not into that sort of thing for breakfast, you may a be a little disappointed. My wife and I plan on returning next year. Thanks again Laura and Hillary for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ADK46er
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Conch House Heritage Inn. I would definitely stay there again. The house is beautiful, clean and comfortable, breakfast delicious, the staff were extremely warm and welcoming, the pool looked inviting although we didn't swim (next time!). Easy walking distance to everything in the historic part of Key West. There are also bikes to rent. I could go on and on, but want to thank Laurie and the girls for making our short stay in Key West so nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 30EileenB
Reviewed March 27, 2012

what a great B&B.. been there the last three years and pre-booked 2013 already..excellent location, great hosts,Laura,Ammie and Hillary,This place is clean,well cared for grounds and super friendly. Couldnt ask for more....Thank you ladies....

Ed & Kate
Wallingford Connecticut

Room Tip: Book early for the best rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple