“Captain Harry”

Conch Tour Train
Ranked #42 of 288 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: See the best of Key West on the tour that has been entertaining visitors since 1958. Our expert 'engineers' and friendly staff have delighted guests with the legends and tales of Ernest Hemingway, and Tennessee Williams and the stories of the pirates, Indians, wreckers and artists who called this island home. 90 minutes and over 100 points of interest. No Key West vacation is complete without the world famous Conch Tour Train.
Colchester, Essex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Captain Harry”
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Captain Harry, What a nice man and so knowledgable about his city, we had such a great day out in Key West, take our advice, take the ConchTrain

• Turkish first
Louisisana
“A MUST DO on your visit to Key West!!!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2010

On 11 Jan 2010, I came into Key West on the Carnival TRIUMPH, and one the things that I wanted to do was take the Conch Train tour. I am so glad I did! I have been in the tourist busness much of my professional life, as a tour guide for the Houston Astrodome for almost seven years, and as a hotel concierge, and as a tour guide for several of the old victorian mansions on Galveston Island with the Galveston Historical Foundation, I do hold tours to a highter standard than most of your visitors, and I have to tell you that your "engineer", Eduardo, was one the best guides that I have ever experienced. He was extremly knowledgable of your beautiful island and yet made the tour educational and fun! at the same time. You are very blessed to have such a guide in your company. I continued my cruise to the Bahamas, and I can tell you, honestly, that if I never go back to the Bahamas again, it will be too soon, but I have deceided that within a year, I hope to move to Key West, and with any luck, perhaps, I can join your team on the Conch Train. I don't know how many of your staff realize it, but you live on the most beautiful spot on earth! (I have been blessed to see a number of places, and, trust me when I tell you, you live in the most beautiful spot on earth!, you really do!) I can't wait to move to Key West and start my seven year " training period" to be what Eduardo called a "fresh water conch". Again, thank you for providing such a great attrraction to visitors, and be assured that I am recommending the Conch Train to everyone that I hear is planning a visit to your wonderful home. Sincerely, Edward Lloyd Thomas

Toronto, ON
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Not to be missed!!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We were on a cruise and ported at Key West on March 16, 2010. When booking, I thought that Key West was an inappropriate stop for a Caribbean cruise but I was pleasantly surprised! Key West has become one of my favourite ports and I highly recommend the Conch Train tour. We did it first thing and it gave us a really good feel for the island. Vaughn, our engineer, was informative and entertaining! We made mental notes of things to visit at the conclusion of the tour and were conveniently dropped off in Mallory Square, the heart of Key West. Check it out - a tour not to be missed!

1 Thank paluc502
Wentzville Mo.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“i very much enjoyed all the things i learned on the conch tour train.”
Reviewed March 25, 2010

i have been to Key West several times but this was the first time we did the train tour. it was great i learned a lot about the history of the island i did not know and saw parts of the island i had not seen before.

1 Thank cindymroth
266 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,866 helpful votes
“Great Overview of Key West”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

We did the Conch Tour Train with Capt. Harry as our guide, and it was a great 90 minutes. He was funny, informative, told great stories, and we got a great overview of Key West. $29 per person well spent.

1 Thank Johann&Sandra