“Clear water, quick run, nice crew”
Review of Dive Key West

Dive Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating our 43rd year of providing memorable dive vacations. We offer daily reef trips to the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and the wrecks off of Key West including the Vandenberg. Dive Key West, Inc is a full service dive facility. Our divers will also have full guest privileges at Key West Harbour where we keep our boats. You may enjoy the restaurant, bar, gym, sauna, pool and private beach.
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Stopped at dive key west upon entering key west. Book the midday trip during a bust spring break. The boat had about 12 divers and two snorkels. The lady at check in suggested a wet suite and we took her advice. Went to two stops about 35 feet and the second stop was also a great snorkel stop. Saw lobster, hog fish, eels, angel fish . All good . You also leave from stick island about a 10 minute drive to the boat slip and they give you a day pass to a little club there. Polite and efficient crew.

1  Thank cheryl b

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I did a 2-tank dive: a 58' wreck dive to "Joe's Tug" and a 32' reef dive to "The Cable". Both were great dives -- very good visibility, no current -- and I was very pleased with every staff member I interacted with, from the desk staff to the dive crew. They take their safety seriously there, which is good: they are the first dive operator I've used that actually wanted to see my log book. (I didn't have it, so they had me fill in a form that listed my most recent 10 dives.)

The safety briefing aboard ship was kind of rapid fire -- I was the only diver who hadn't been on this boat before -- but other than that everyone took pains to make sure that we had a first-rate, safe experience. I would definitely go with them again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My friends and I are frequent divers with quite a bit of experience with a variety of dive operations and Dive KW is an absolute mess! If it's not the trip being cancelled only after we've walked in the front door due to a "lack of other divers to fill the boat", then it's the actual boat "having mechanical issues." Not to mention, the owner of the shop is let's just say, less then buttoned up.

Now some of this might not be so bad if we were given advanced notice to call around and dive with another company, but more then once have we showed up for our dive to find out, the dive we've already paid for (they ask you to pay to hold your reservation), will not be happening. As you can imagine, it's then too late to find somewhere else to dive with by this time in the day. Many of you will be traveling from far away places to dive Key West's beautiful waters, so don't let your adventure be soured by Dive Key West!

Addendum: You might be wondering why I let this happen to me more then once, (and yes, stuff happens), but it is because as per the aforementioned comment, we had already paid in advance and we're given "vouchers" to ruin another day.

Safe travels and get tanked!

6  Thank AmosandChummy
Bob H, Manager at Dive Key West, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

In order to clarify the actual events, the customer was scheduled on our afternoon trip. We had a cooling pump impeller malfunction coming in from the morning trip and the customer was told the trip would be delayed when he came in for the trip. We told him we would be running our 32' Pro Line which is only available as a private charter. The cost remained the same as our larger boat that he was booked on. The customer customer wanted a substantial discount due to his inconvenience time wise. The trip would have departed at 2:30 rather than 2:00 since we were assisting our larger boat in getting back to port. While we apologize for any malfunction it is extremely rare. We fully refunded the customer for his trip on the spot rather than deal with unreasonable demands which were beyond out control. The boat was down for an afternoon while we changed an impeller in the pump. We try to accommodate our customers in any event but you can't control mechanical or weather issues.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife and I booked a reef dive with Dive Key West. Every aspect of the event was exceptional. The equipment was new or near new, the staff was courteous and helpful and the boat was well outfitted and maintained. I have been diving since 1975 and the boat Captain's brief was one of the most meticulous I have had. Every aspect of the trip and all the safety and emergency features of the boat were explained. The dive master gave a detailed explanation of the dive sites and dive plan with an emphasis of the environmental measures/restrictions of the sanctuary. Because my wife is an inexperienced diver he gave her extra attention before, during and after the dive. Our experience was great and we plan on going back.

4  Thank Don A
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Have been using Dive Key West since 1973. Not only best dive shop, staff and expertise in Key West, Bob Holston runs one of the best dive shops in the world!

1  Thank David A