“Rip off! Overpriced!”
Review of Dive Key West

Dive Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating our 43rd year of providing memorable dive vacations. We offer daily reef trips to the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and the wrecks off of Key West including the Vandenberg. Dive Key West, Inc is a full service dive facility. Our divers will also have full guest privileges at Key West Harbour where we keep our boats. You may enjoy the restaurant, bar, gym, sauna, pool and private beach.
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

$18 to fill nitrox tanks? That's double what I pay in west palm beach. And they forced me to buy nitrox stickers for $12.50 each. I will never return.

5  Thank Toddbreen
Bob H, General Manager at Dive Key West, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Nitrox cylinders are considered a Class 1 gas (exceeding 23.5% Oxygen) as defined by CGA4.4.1.1 and air cylinders are a Class 2 gas (less than 23.5% Oxygen) The reasons are simple and very clear for the protection for the customer. You can not put a gas of one class into a cylinder label for a different class. It may result in a serious injury or even death to a diver. We follow the standards set by the Compressed Gas Association and OSHA. We will not fill a cylinder that is not properly labeled and inspected. We do not force anyone to purchase Nitrox bands or air from us, in fact I explained that there was another shop that pumps Nitrox if he wanted tp purchase Nitrox from them but their price is also $18.00. While we understand that many places do not adhere to the standards of the industry, we strive to provide quality air & Nitrox fills for our customers and staff safety. As far as price, the cost for gasoline in Key West is approx .30 per gallon more than in South Florida. Cost of services vary around the country and can not always be comparable to where you may be from.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Before showing up here I had their SSI course info but wanted to cancel. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't because they taught me how to conquer my fear and think through it patiently, step by step. Their instructors are very professional and knowledgeable. Not only instruction but also extremely knowledgable about scuba gear. I can't recommend these guys high enough. In the end I learned so much from these guys that I'm ready to start down the road of Advanced open water courses and specialty courses. Thank you!!

1  Thank Rob K
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I am very happy and proud that I have just finished
the Wreck Trek Passport Program with DKW and a
dive on the Cayman Salvager. Along with the Cayman
the Vandenberg and Joe's Tug were done with DKW.

I have made 4 trips with DKW and all have been very
good experiences with this top notch dive shop. In fact
they are the only dive shop I have used in Key West.

Thanks to Cee Cee and Bob for being a main sponsor
of the Wreck Trek. It adds a lot more enjoyment to wreck
diving in the Florida Keys.

Congratulations also on 41 years of providing the opportunity
for quality recreational diving in Key West Florida. Keep up
the good work!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We dove a couple of wrecks with this outfit. They took us out even though there was just a few of us. The shore service is excellent, the shop personnel are very helpful and courteous. The dives are guided and short. I am not used to getting back on the boat with 1500 psi in the tank. The boat crew was okay, but young, cocky, and in a hurry. It was obvious that the intent was to get it done and be back as soon as possible. The redeeming quality of the entire operation was their obvious interest in safety. If I went back to dive Key West, I would dive with them. However, I don't ever plan to return to Key West. Why drive past the best diving in the continental USA (Key Largo) to dive there?

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Dave and Tim were awesome to dive with - the Vandenburg wreck is awesome! Their dive operation gave us 3 minutes more bottom time than the others - that was a selling point for me when doing a deep dive.